Early A-body front floor mats

-

duelingcudas

Reaction score
The front footwells of the early A-bodies (62-66) are so much wider than those of current cars even the Weather-tech "cut to size" front mats are too narrow. Does anyone know of a manufacturer of wider front mats for our older cars?

Bought some mats last summer off ebay from Lloyds Mats for 65 Dart.
The measurements were 34 long & 22 across under the pedal, they were almost to big but tucked in under the seat. I would call them and confirm the size before buying them. I like them they do cover the entire floor.

Attachments

• IMG_20160226_161241148.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_20160226_162010930.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 271
Bought some mats last summer off ebay from Lloyds Mats for 65 Dart.
The measurements were 34 long & 22 across under the pedal, they were almost to big but tucked in under the seat. I would call them and confirm the size before buying them. I like them they do cover the entire floor.

I guess I wasn't clear enough, my fault. I am looking for mats to cover the carpets, not the entire floor. But thanks for replying.

Talk to a local upholstery shop and see if they will make you some. A friend had them made for his Duster. They even sewed in a heal pad.Ask and if so give them the size you want. Just a thought..

but I've already spend so much at my favorite shop I was hoping for a cheaper generic solution.It is an eventual option. I have old, yellowed mats I carry around to check against what I find in stores, so finding a pattern is not an issue..

-
Back