Early A body Magnum swap serpentine belt question

-

nearpar

Reaction score
I have been reading a lot of the threads on Magnum engine swaps on the early A body ( 65 Dart ) I want to use the serpentine belt system that came on the Magnum. I would like to retain the power steering in this car, is there a pulley swap available or can I use the magnum
power steering pump ?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Not that i have done it,
But pump is already set up on engine. Only one concern. The pressure hose.
My approach would be having a hydraulic hose made,retaining ps pump end and steering gear end.
With the swage lock fittings,possibilities are endless.

Use the Magnum power steering pump. I talked to firm feel who rebuilt my steering box and they said the Magnum pump puts out the proper pressure. On my 70 dart, the factory hose threaded into the pump without issue. I'm sure the early A bodies use the same hose or can use the later hose.

The truck pump sits up too high on A bodies, you have to relocate the battery. But a van pump and bracket tucks up under the battery tray perfectly on 67 and up A bodies. Jeep grand Cherokee 5.9 engines use a smaller and wierd pump and bracket. It looks pretty small but I never looked into fitment.

20171008_143829.jpg
20171008_143814.jpg

90s model vans. Maybe even early 2000's. I have a spare bracket I'll sell. It has a pump and pulley on it, I'm pretty sure they are the same as the truck pump. I can pull those off to save on shipping.

-
Back