-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacraest

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Previous doofus owner put in a later slant with the wrong oil pan which is now cracked. Need a new one. Mounting in a 1966 Plymouth Valiant 200. In SoCal.

PM sent.

Thanks a bunch. Very appreciated.
Just so you know, When you install the pickup and pan, you install the pickup so it makes contact with the bottom of the pan, with the gasket installed. In other words, you want a slight pressure on the pickup with the pan when you tighten the pan bolts. Don't worry, I ain't talkin outta my butt, it's right in the factory service manual. The reason is so the pickup will not suck air on hard braking, acceleration, or turning. If you look at the bottom of the pickup, you'll see it is designed to sit on the bottom of the pan. Doing it this way also gives the pickup some extra support, which it needs, since it hangs out a good ways away from where it screws into the block. If it does not have that support, the tube can crack right where it screws into the block, and that would suck......air.

That oil pickup is for a 67 and later slant according to the application page, different pan.

That oil pickup is for a 67 and later slant according to the application page, different pan.
I have that very part number IN Vixen right now. Those application lists leave a lot to be desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back