[WANTED] Early A Convertible Actuators

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like this!

top mec.JPG

They were MIA from my project, does anyone know if other years or modern replacements could be used?
I was thinking Sebring units could be modified!

sebrings and fox body mustangs won't work on the 63-66 bodies without a lot of re-engeneering I have tried. the stroke is just a bit off and the pivot point on the stock unit is on the bottom while the sebring(late model mustang too) is in the center-ish of the cylinder. the top eye mountong location would have to be another 3 inches in-board for the shorter stroke(more powerful pump then needed) to work and the pivot point would have to be totally beefed up in the car due to the shorter stroke. I'm still looking for a replacement type like the early chevies but have not found a good substitute (yet) none of the later model cars I have looked at in the yards have a bottom mount or a long enough stroke to work so far.

Hmmm That is what I was afraid of, year specific or engineering! It was a thought, the motor seems in working order, so replacements it may have to be, the project has a long way too go before that phase thank you! This site has an amazing amount on knowledge/ "been there, tried that" Thanks FABO

Hmmm That is what I was afraid of, year specific or engineering! It was a thought, the motor seems in working order, so replacements it may have to be, the project has a long way too go before that phase thank you! This site has an amazing amount on knowledge/ "been there, tried that" Thanks FABO

just so you know the pump can be had from an fox body convertible , just look at the connectors they should be a male and a female plug like the front turn signal lights are..... looking for a pic' since the sebring is the wrong plug style dang can't find one.. just thing 2 wire plug instead of a trailer 4 wire plug. ahhh found it.
74295_primary_225px.jpg

and yeah I know about the long way to go bit. mine was a challenge.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back