Early A mounts

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
The rubber pieces for slant six motor mounts come up as different part numbers at auto parts stores between 63 and 66

What makes 63 slant six motor mounts different from 66

Would it be the same K Frame from 63 to 66??

Yes, it is the same K frame from 63 to 66. I have dropped slant sixes and V8 in 63 64 and 65 Valiant and Barracudas. I am not absolutely positively sure, but there may be a bit of a difference in the metal part of the mount in 63 then there is in the later years. I would check my 63 Valiant station wagon, but I have a 66 engine in it with 64 mounts on it. The K frame is the same though.

Parts cattledogs at auto parts stores are full of errors regarding ancient cars like ours, and engine mounts are an error "hot spot". Fact is, all '62(!) to '66 A-body Slant-6 cars take the same left,right, and rear (trans) mounts. The (very) best ones are these, but Johnny @ Polybushings says they're "out of stock for now"; you might want to contact him and see when they're going to be available again. The good poly rear/trans mount is the item at the top of this page.

Failing that, shop carefully; much of what's available through parts stores is compressed cow poo from India or compressed girl-children from China. About the best you can do on the general open market: left one is this one, the right one is this one, and the rear one is this one.

For the tranny mount, there is a polyurethane version. I recall buying on rockauto reasonably (~$25). Might be the same PN for all years. Poly is a bit stiffer, but will last forever, whereas the rubber ones tend to degrade over time and with oil.

-
Back