Early A Torsion Bar.

-

dart4forte

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Looking at upgrading the handling on my 66 Valient. Car is an AC car with a V8. Looking for a heavier torsion bar. Anyone running an other than stock torsion bar?

Your 66 v8 A/C bars are the same as 340 bars iirc. Not sure if 340/360 A/C were bigger still? Usually the A/C cars got the next bigger bar.

check the number on the ends, I got mine from the Mopar dealer , so cheap. go on summit and find the Mopar number call up your local Chrysler dealer with the number its starts with p for performance
the only thing they said its not returnable if the letter start with P
good luck

I've put the PST 1.03 bars in my 66 barracuda and 64 dart wagon. I've had my barracuda for over 30 years. It's been so much nicer to drive, since I installed them. Dart's not on the road yet, but it will be set up nearly the same as the barracuda.

I've put the PST 1.03 bars in my 66 barracuda and 64 dart wagon. I've had my barracuda for over 30 years. It's been so much nicer to drive, since I installed them. Dart's not on the road yet, but it will be set up nearly the same as the barracuda.

That’s what I was thinking. 1.03 bars, 1” sway bar and Bilstien shocks

Bilstein users: How does that shock compare with a standard shock (ie. Koni or Gabriel/Monroe) on a 1.03 torsion bar? I've never had more than a 340 bar on my 65 but did ride in a 67 302 Mustang with big block coils and it was like riding in a covered wagon. I dont think any shock could help that car.

-
Back