Early Barracuda "sports roof"??

-

65cuda360

Reaction score
I ran into a guy at a local car show that has a 64 barracuda "sports roof". Any info on this being a production car?

They were all considered a "sports roof". Some also had a vinyl top that had different trim.

This one had the roof painted gold on a white car. The gold paint was down the rear pillar to fender top level with a trim strip and "sports roof" script. The lower quarter of the sides of the car were gold also, with another "beltline" trim strip dividing the colors. There was also a trim strip running down the center of the hood, and the broken off base of a hood ornament. The paint is very old, and looks like the original white. I have to wonder if someone added the moldings and painted the top early in it's life. Sorry no pics, didn't have a phone with me.

Did he buy the car when new ?

maybe original to him when he bought if off someone who stuck it on..

My guess would be a old owner added this or a dealer add on. Some dealers would do things to doll up cars and add $, but they were never factory add on's.

He's not the original owner, but he says he has a pic of the car "new" with it's original owner. The "dealer add on" sounds right to me.

Did you get any pictures? I would like to see it.

-
Back