Early Dodge/Fargo Power Wagon engine swap question

-

SoulSurvivor

Reaction score
I have a line on a 1962 Fargo W300 with the poly 313. Just in case....Will the LA 318 or 360 be able to use the existing motor mounts? And will these motors bolt up to the existing ACME 4sp trans?

I don't have the answer to your question but I used to own a 68 W300 Power Wagon, PTO warn winch, lock out hubs, Dana 70 differentials, 4 spd, 2 speed transfer case and a granny gear. I wish I still had it!!
I managed to get some 1200 X 20 semi tires on it, this was back in 1977. I drew out some blue prints and had a machine shop make custom rims for the semi tires. No lift kit and no cutting of the fenders, that truck was born MEAN!! I also installed 6:13 gears to go with the super big tires.

Treblig

DSC04715.JPG

Fargo64PW300utility1.jpg
I don't have the answer to your question but I used to own a 68 W300 Power Wagon, PTO warn winch, lock out hubs, Dana 70 differentials, 4 spd, 2 speed transfer case and a granny gear. I wish I still had it!!
I managed to get some 1200 X 20 semi tires on it, this was back in 1977. I drew out some blue prints and had a machine shop make custom rims for the semi tires. No lift kit and no cutting of the fenders, that truck was born MEAN!! I also installed 6:13 gears to go with the super big tires.

Treblig

View attachment 1715018232
You just gave me the name of my personal license plate. "BrnMean"

View attachment 1715018270
You just gave me the name of my personal license plate. "BrnMean"

WOW!! Nice truck.
If you look closely you'll see that I made and installed heavy 10" channel iron to replace the original bumpers. This made the truck look very heavy duty. Each bumper weighed close to 100 lbs. When I was in Wyoming I drove through a snow storm (white out) and someone had left a VW bug in the middle of the street. I couldn't see more than 15/20 ft as I drove my way back home, I ended up cutting through the bug with the channel iron bumper. The VW was mangled and I couldn't find a scratch on the Power Wagon bumper. After I inspected all the VW carnage I looked around, I couldn't even see the houses on either side of the residential street (white out). So I got back in my truck and drove home
Did someone convert your truck to a duelly or did it come like that from the factory?? Your truck cab looks a lot like mine!! COOL TRUCK!!

treblig

WOW!! Nice truck.
If you look closely you'll see that I made and installed heavy 10" channel iron to replace the original bumpers. This made the truck look very heavy duty. Each bumper weighed close to 100 lbs. When I was in Wyoming I drove through a snow storm (white out) and someone had left a VW bug in the middle of the street. I couldn't see more than 15/20 ft as I drove my way back home, I ended up cutting through the bug with the channel iron bumper. The VW was mangled and I couldn't find a scratch on the Power Wagon bumper. After I inspected all the VW carnage I looked around, I couldn't even see the houses on either side of the residential street (white out). So I got back in my truck and drove home
Did someone convert your truck to a duelly or did it come like that from the factory?? Your truck cab looks a lot like mine!! COOL TRUCK!!

treblig
All factory original.

That truck is awesome,the mounts should be the same.I replaced a poly 318 with a LA 318 in a 66 Coronet 500 and used all poly mounts and trans.Hope this helps...............................Jeff ps: I would love to find a 62 W200 power wagon that looks that good

That truck is awesome,the mounts should be the same.I replaced a poly 318 with a LA 318 in a 66 Coronet 500 and used all poly mounts and trans.Hope this helps...............................Jeff ps: I would love to find a 62 W200 power wagon that looks that good
Its a desert utility truck with 72,300 original miles. It has one quarter size rust hole on the passenger door. It is a brute of a truck. It runs well but could use electronic ignition for now. I should be getting it in three weeks or so. I'll go through all the fluids and stuff. And replace the winch cable. Everything works. Nothing is missing except the transfer case lever boot. So my plan is to keep it the way it looks and just do mechanical repairs for now.

This is my dream machine...real early A body (or B, or C or D). Forty something Carryall WC53 Power Wagon. Of course I'd have to put some monster tires on it along with a 440. Unfortunately I'd have to sell my '69 Barracuda to get the Power Wagon of my dreams. Not sure if it's worth it???

41 power wagon.jpg

Treblig

-
Back