Early Polyurethane Trans Mount Qs

-

65Valiant310

Reaction score
Anyone run the early a-body poly trans mount? If yes, how is the NVH compared to stock rubber?

I put one on my 65 Newport ~10 yrs ago. Main reason was because it should last forever, whereas the rubber ones seem to fail if they get oil, and there is always a little oil back there. I didn't notice any change in vibration or noise. There isn't much weight on the tranny mount so doubt it affects NVH.

I was hoping more people would chime in here with some experience with them. I was going to run one, but I had a couple of good used ones laying around and used one of them. Eventually I would like to get one.

When I did my B body (It was a stock 318 with a 4bbl intake and headers) I used the poly engine and trans mounts. I didn't like the vibration and have thought about going back to rubber.Now if the engine had a hot cam and some compression you might not notice. A few people have said to use a stock rubber trans mount when using poly engine mounts. Maybe it's just personal prefrence,much like engine oil and filters. I do know that a friend just put a poly trans mount in his max wedge car with no adverse affects.But that thing will shake your fillings loose.

-
Back