Early Rear Valance Removal

-

eekvonzipper

My Member is Legendary!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Mine is pretty rusty and banged up...
Can I get it outta there w/out too much fuss?
or is it the usual spot-weld drilling deal?
Would love to unbolt it and beat on it for awhile!

rear.jpg

Unfortunately your going to have to drill out the spot welds as the rear valence has no fasteners 65'

The one on my 65 Barracuda is killed about as bad as yours is. I'm hoping to be able to bang a lot of it back out, and maybe use a C clamp or something to mash some of the ones right behind my tag back out. I've even considered buying some of those glue on attachments for dent pullers like the paintless dent removal guys use. I'm not too squeamish about cutting something apart to fix it, but just don't want to take mine off for some reason...lol.

I used a stud gun dent puller to pull the dents in my rear Valance. I got a great deal on a Mac tools stud gun dent puller kit and it works great!! When I was done (took a few attempts on each dent to get them where I was happy) I only used a skim coat of putty.

Mine also had a decent dent on one side and both lower corners had dents. The dent on the one side I think I was able to access a bit with the hammer but both corners had no access so the stud gun was the way to go

-
Back