Eaton TrueTrac noise when hot during slow turns.

-

Darter6

Reaction score
Resently installed a set of 3.23's with a Eaton TrueTrac.Took it on a 60 mile trip and during slow turns it acts like a locker. I used 80/90 without additive as instructed.On the road at speed it's nice and quiet.It locks during hard launches with equal tire marks on the pavement.
Normal ? Am I paranoid ? The car is radio delete so I can't turn it up.....
It is quiet until fully warm.

You need friction modifier and do 30 figure 8's to get it worked into the clutches. Dr. Diff sells it. Oops, no friction modifier needed.

Last edited:
TrueTrac has no clutches. Instructions say not to use friction modifiers.
I had to find gear oil without it. It took a bit because most say on the bottle for limited slip anymore.
I am a fan of Mopars V ramp limited slip.Took a chance to try something different.
The complete pig is used. I picked it up at a swap meet.

TrueTrac has no clutches. Instructions say not to use friction modifiers.
I had to find gear oil without it. It took a bit because most say on the bottle for limited slip anymore.
I am a fan of Mopars V ramp limited slip.Took a chance to try something different.
The complete pig is used. I picked it up at a swap meet.
Well I learned something. I see Dr Diff no longer carries them because of "inconsistent quality issues" Did you install a thrust block in the axle end?

Nope, Blocks are not used, axles have green bearings.
Doing searches I hear both sides , some say noise is normal, others say theirs are quiet. Looks like I'll listen to Dr. Diff and his quote.
Maybe someone will post their experiences if they are using one.

I had one when they were first introduced, beat the hell out f it at the drag strip, doing smoky burnouts on the street, never had a problem, ran real quiet, no complaints whatsoever.

I've got a locker, so pop bang click doesn't bother me, but I have heard too much bad along with the good regarding the gear style limited slips. Dr.Diff not using them is enough lack of recommendation for me. Street car- clutch sure grip, race car-spool.

-
Back