ebay shorty headers...??

-

71scamp78

Reaction score
Has anyone used the small block shortly headers they sell on eBay for 175.00. If so just wondering if they fit ok , my car has power steering.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-CHRYSLER-LA-ENGINE-318-340-360-5-2L-5-9L-SMALL-BLOCK-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-HEADER-/191303104280?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits`=Make%3ADodge%7CModel%3ADart&hash=item2c8a8db718&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-CHRYSLER-LA-ENGINE-318-340-360-5-2L-5-9L-SMALL-BLOCK-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-HEADER-/191303104280?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits`=Make%3ADodge%7CModel%3ADart&hash=item2c8a8db718&vxp=mtr

I don't see how they have any chance of fitting.

I have alway heard the the shorties are great as far as installation but do do anything for performance.
Just FYI.

I would think they should be at least marginally better than a stock 318 manifold, but I have no experience with them so I'm just talking out my a$$. At that price tho, I'd sure like to know if they fit. Might be a good stepping stone until I can bring myself to spring for TTI's or Doug's..

I would think they should be at least marginally better than a stock 318 manifold, but I have no experience with them so I'm just talking out my a$$. At that price tho, I'd sure like to know if they fit. Might be a good stepping stone until I can bring myself to spring for TTI's or Doug's..

Ya if they fit well it's not a bad deal. I just don't wanna spend 500+ on a set of good long tubes right now. I'm sure they are much better then exhaust manifolds and good on a street car. Main thing I wonder about is fitment which they should fit ok be shorties

The problem with these center dump headers is the exhaust has to run under the centerlink steering linkage.
Maybe fine if you have the front of your car high, but on a lowered car the exhaust tubes will end up very low near the ground.

I also have similar centerdump shorties but won't be using them because of that.
The best options would be having shorty headers that end up between the 5 and 7 sparkplugs, just like a regular castiron exhaust manifold would end up.

They are not showing a bodies in the application chart. All my research on shorties led me to schumaker's, but I plunked down on Doug's. Why buy twice.

Yup, I believe that's the route I will go when I get my new engine together. Then I'll ceramic coat them.

Those won't fit jack diddlydoodoo on an a body. Those are street rod headers.

Headman makes a shorty that is A body specific.

Have you looked at Treblig 's 340/Dakota Manifolds he sells on this forum? That fit sweet and are fairly priced...

Yup, I believe that's the route I will go when I get my new engine together. Then I'll ceramic coat them.

Best way to go , Bruce & Karl. Have the Hooker 1.75 " Super Comps. Install easy , damn pass side hangs down way too far.

-
Back