[WANTED] ECM 89 Ramcharger

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I have shown him these. He was hoping to find a used one for about half that since he isn't exactly sure what his problem is. If it were me I would go reman with the warranty for sure.

www.car-parts.com

Database of salvage yards all over north america you can do a local search to find one near you. Some of them may also offer a short warranty...

Recently fought my dad's 91 W150 w/ 318 TBI. It would run ok one day, and the next it would not start. Cap was carbon tracked, new cap and rotor, and found the timing set was streched, so new timing set and it has been running great now since I fixed it about 3 weeks ago. It is easy to jump to conclusions like a bad computer, but they do go bad. Now that I have an 89 W150 daily driver with a 360 TBI, I will have to get better at diagnosing these old systems.

Thanks for the replies. I am not sure if he has checked the codes but I will ask him. I just assumed he had done some investigating before he asked me to help find him a ecm. All I know is it cranks and cranks and doesn't start. For awhile it did the same but would eventually start and run. Battery, coil, cap and rotor have all been replaced. I will make sure he has checked the codes if he hasn't. Thanks.

Don't waist your money if your having a fuel issue. I fought a 89 for a year. Tried everything. ECM, wiring,pump,TB, threw everthing at it even heads. Those systems don't learn or correct. Get an intake and carb. You will also need a distributor.

Or do what I did and destroy the driveline.

Attachments

• steve%20027[1].jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 140
Don't waist your money if your having a fuel issue. I fought a 89 for a year. Tried everything. ECM, wiring,pump,TB, threw everthing at it even heads. Those systems don't learn or correct. Get an intake and carb. You will also need a distributor.

Or do what I did and destroy the driveline.
That looks fun! I will speak with him and try to get more details about his problem re: fuel and codes. Thanks all.

just converted an 88 TBI 318 to carb...was not that hard..dumped all the emission stuff...put headers on it...use performer intake...eddy carb....Chinese HEI distributor...two wires to hook up...also rewired alternator pretty simple too...

I have a customer at work with about that year Ramcharger. It has a TBI 318. It was dead. The owner is a man I would guess in his mid to late 40s and his younger girlfriend.

SHE bought a service manual for it. Then came in buying parts a little at a time. Now I see them all over town in it. She did all the work on it, including rebuilding the throttle body. He will not touch it. The thing runs damn good, too.

I don't know if she hires out or not. lol

I replaced the chain on mine when I did the heads.

I believe it could have been ign. signal but couldn't find the problem. We parked my cousins truck next to mine at the time and kept swaping things to his truck. We Could not get his truck to run bad like mine.

If you held throttle part way the whole exhaust would turn cherry red. and flame would come out the pipe.

just converted an 88 TBI 318 to carb...was not that hard..dumped all the emission stuff...put headers on it...use performer intake...eddy carb....Chinese HEI distributor...two wires to hook up...also rewired alternator pretty simple too...

I am not sure if he has considered this route or not. I know he has an old 318 laying around that might have the parts he needs if so though. I will mention it to him.

I doubt that its the same but I have one from a 89 van 2 wheel dr u can have

Awesome. Though like you said, I am not sure that they would be the same. I need to ask him to get some numbers off of his and maybe we could go that route

I have a customer at work with about that year Ramcharger. It has a TBI 318. It was dead. The owner is a man I would guess in his mid to late 40s and his younger girlfriend.

SHE bought a service manual for it. Then came in buying parts a little at a time. Now I see them all over town in it. She did all the work on it, including rebuilding the throttle body. He will not touch it. The thing runs damn good, too.

I don't know if she hires out or not. lol

Sounds like quite a woman! Encouraging though that she was able to get it going again. Hopefully my uncle can as well.

Timing chain is another thing we hadn't thought of. I know it hasn't been replaced in the short time he has owned it. Might not hurt.

We will check the ground as well.

Thanks for all the replies! We appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back