Eddy float question

-

dartkory

Reaction score
When I feel like having a little fun and start cruising in 1st around 3000-3500 rpm and floor it, it seems to take a sec before really picking up but if I'm cruising in 2nd or 3rd then drop it in 1st and floor it she screams with no hesitation. Why would it do this? My only guess would be the floats adjusted wrong and the bowls are running out of fuel when cruising at those rpms in 1st. What do you guys think it could be? My floats are adjusted as per edelbrocks recommendation. Thanks -kory

When I feel like having a little fun and start cruising in 1st around 3000-3500 rpm and floor it, it seems to take a sec before really picking up but if I'm cruising in 2nd or 3rd then drop it in 1st and floor it she screams with no hesitation. Why would it do this? My only guess would be the floats adjusted wrong and the bowls are running out of fuel when cruising at those rpms in 1st. What do you guys think it could be? My floats are adjusted as per edelbrocks recommendation. Thanks -kory

If your floats are properly adjusted to Edelbrocks specs, look somewhere else for your problem. Maybe the accelerator pump or a timing/distributor issue.

I seem to have the same problem but only the very first time I Open the secondaries......I thought it was moisture from today's lousy gas absorbing water. Seems to go away after that.

reset the float level to 5/16". then check and be sure the fuel doesnt flow out of the discharge nozzle at idle. if it does then lower the float level. dont for get when the lid is up side down the bigger measurement the lower the float level. allso the float drop measurement does not need to be set. cause the bottom of the float hits the bottom of the bowel first. if you are in a hurry working on the carb, you bight try leaving the two center screws out. i dont know it will work. i have thought about that for a long time.

I'd also make sure the accelerator pump linkage is in the hole closest to the pivot point and you may want to combine that change with enlarging the squirtor size very slightly.

So I have another post going about my total advance. I had a plate installed in my distributor that made my total timing when flooring it set to 32 with my initial at 16 and with high speed cruising around 48. Well I took that plate out which now makes my total when flooring it set at 42 and when high speed cruising with vacuum advance is now at 58!! That seems way to high but it makes it run much better! Now when I cruise at 3000 in 1st then floor it, she takes off great! However my buddy drove behind me and said he sees black smoke that was barely there before!?! (If i lean out the secondaries anymore it runs like crap). Why would more advance cause more smoke? And is that much advance doing any harm? Thanks for any help -kory

-
Back