Edelbrock carbs- disposable

-

mbaird

mbaird
Reaction score
So I am toying around with setting up my ProDominator Tunnel ram for my 408 W2 and I have a few 1405s to run on it . One has a damaged booster so I called Eddie to order a new one. They dont sell individual parts ! Just gaskets , jets , rods etc.
So they are disposable carbs ! Ha !
Stupid business model !

I would also like to try some anular boosters on the 1405s to see how they work. Turns out the tech guy has done just that and said it runs great !

My dad had a set of Edelbrock cast aluminum Valve covers on a 302 and it fell over and broke one. He called to order another one and they said no can do.

Accessories are a killer from a logistics, cost of touch time, and cost to have inventory point of view. Where I work we want to see as few accessories as possible. They become a part number out side the assembly that then needs a different inventory location (think real estate), different packaging (more boxes and packaging material so more real estate used), instructions, greening compliance, labeling, labor to box, warranty service events, etc.

Might call some carburetor shops and see if someone has a set.

So I am toying around with setting up my ProDominator Tunnel ram for my 408 W2 and I have a few 1405s to run on it . One has a damaged booster so I called Eddie to order a new one. They dont sell individual parts ! Just gaskets , jets , rods etc.
So they are disposable carbs ! Ha !
Stupid business model !

I would also like to try some anular boosters on the 1405s to see how they work. Turns out the tech guy has done just that and said it runs great !
I'm kornfrooshed. How can the "tech guy" have run annular boosters if they don't make boosters?

I'm kornfrooshed. How can the "tech guy" have run annular boosters if they don't make boosters?
Went down to the warehouse and lifted some boosters off a new carb. That's the carb I would end up with. :mob::lol:

-
Back