EGR Time Delay/Electronic Speed Switch

-

75DU5T3R360

Reaction score
I have a 1975 Plymouth Duster 360. I had to get my service manual out to figure out what this even is, but I have a speed switch that is leaking. I looked up a replacement part and can't find one available. Does anyone know if this switch is even needed? If yes, where does one go to find it?

Juz sayin but I would'a bypassed that junk decades ago

You or I would have to look up the diagram in the service manual to find out. I don't remember for sure, it likely activates a solenoid valve to turn on/ off the vacuum advance line to the distributor.

I have a paper 75 or 76 manual 'if I can find it' LOL

Here read this

http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/mtsc/326.pdf

came from here

MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - MyMopar Tools/Reference

Click the link "Master Tech Service Conference Library"

MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - Chrysler Master Tech Service Conference Library

and select "model year"

There's a video and this pdf

You or I would have to look up the diagram in the service manual to find out. I don't remember for sure, it likely activates a solenoid valve to turn on/ off the vacuum advance line to the distributor.

I have a paper 75 or 76 manual 'if I can find it' LOL

Here read this

http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/mtsc/326.pdf

came from here

MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - MyMopar Tools/Reference

Click the link "Master Tech Service Conference Library"

MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - Chrysler Master Tech Service Conference Library

and select "model year"

There's a video and this pdf
upload_2020-4-22_19-17-18.png

That diagram is hard on the eyes. Either do without the carb solenoid, and if there is a "conventional" screw, set the idle with it, or else re-wire the solenoid so that it comes on with the key "run." Then disconnect the vacuum solenoid electrically, EDIT and trace where it goes. If it goes to the EGR valve, just leave it off

That diagram is hard on the eyes. Either do without the carb solenoid, and if there is a "conventional" screw, set the idle with it, or else re-wire the solenoid so that it comes on with the key "run." Then disconnect the vacuum solenoid electrically, EDIT and trace where it goes. If it goes to the EGR valve, just leave it off
Awesome! Thanks for your help.

-
Back