Eighty one cents LOL!!!

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
So I realize that I forgot to order an O2 sensor bung with all this EFI experimentation comin' up. LOL Local parts stores? You KIDDIN? One of the muffler shops had them for 10 bucks!!!!!

So I took a gamble, went down to the local fastener's store, and sure 'nuff, they have the proper size (18mm x ?? thread) nut for 81 cents each!!!

So I realize that I forgot to order an O2 sensor bung with all this EFI experimentation comin' up. LOL Local parts stores? You KIDDIN? One of the muffler shops had them for 10 bucks!!!!!

So I took a gamble, went down to the local fastener's store, and sure 'nuff, they have the proper size (18mm x ?? thread) nut for 81 cents each!!!

Good information, I will have to rememner that.

the correct 10$ part are usualy alot nicer to weld to a pipe than a regular nut for 1$ if you ask me and not all nuts have the correct chamfer at the top to make a nice seal.and yes i have welded more than just a few o2bungs.

the correct 10$ part are usualy alot nicer to weld to a pipe than a regular nut for 1$ if you ask me and not all nuts have the correct chamfer at the top to make a nice seal.and yes i have welded more than just a few bungs.

Lol welded more than a few bungs....... haha sorry

Well I've welded my share of nuts, and we're not talkin about grade 8, here

The side of the nut is nice and flat --this takes a flat gasket. I don't see a problem.

My hobby also includes old VW Beetles. I found the long tie rod clamp nut, works great for a bung nut.

Since the future weather here in N Idaho is deteriorating towards winter (rain, cold next week) I decided to weld one of these on today. I didn't punch the hole out, I'll do that when I get ready to install.

NO judgements on my so called "welding!!!!" 64 years old, shakey, arthritis, can't see, etc etc etc Hell I feel pretty good --only burned one little hole through the collector!!

N'ya. Got a spot of spatter on the top. A light touchup with a file'll fix that.

Checked it with a scrap hose after done, NO leaks

Attachments

• O2Bung.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 574
Saying possible snow showers by me tonight.......wind is gusting pretty good today....

-
Back