Electrical connector storage....

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
What are you folks using to store all your connectors? Between all the weather pack grommets/connectors and all the standard junk (rings/butts/male & female push on etc.) what I am using just does not have enough bins. Looking for something that will house it all and be portable....

I picked up a bin from my local home improvement store. I got it in the tool section and it has about 50 drawers. Mounted it to the wall in my garage. I also have a smaller portable one that will hold about 15-20 connectors in each slot for when I need to take some with me.

Portable? Take a look in the tackle box section of your favorite sporting goods store.

A tackle box from a garage sale is what I use. It works great until you tip it over and then you get to sort connectors all evening....so get one that isn't easily tipped.

I use these for a lot of stuff. Weatherpack, cable ends.
http://www.harborfreight.com/19-bin-portable-parts-storage-case-93928.html

Some of the other connectors I use this set up.
http://www.harborfreight.com/24-compartment-large-storage-container-61881.html

I like that they are portable. Not bolted to a wall. I use a sharpie and write what is in each container lid edge and they stack real nice on a shelf. Need weatherpack, Packard 56, Std crimps, Fuseseasy to see and grab the one you need.

This what I was doing. Wanted to get them all into one place. Found something that had enough bins in one of Ernie's sewing catalogs. Problem is the dividers are not tall enough. It is a two sided type of deal....when I turned it over I had several pieces from each bin decide it was time to go visit a neighbor.....time to resort it all again.....

Got a few plastic containers from the dollar store. About 15-20 compartmenys that are interested adjustable. With lid closed they won't spill/mix. I also use them for switches trim screws etc. They stay in the trunk of the cuda when Im out touring.

Got a few plastic containers from the dollar store. About 15-20 compartmenys that are interested adjustable. With lid closed they won't spill/mix. I also use them for switches trim screws etc. They stay in the trunk of the cuda when Im out touring.

Next trip to town Ernie mentioned going to the dollar store, going to check there and at HF....need to get a bunch of stuff straightened out in the garage before I start on the bike...

-
Back