Emblem and Decal locations???

-

Dfnsmn34

Margarita Mike
Reaction score
Aloha,

I'm sure this subject has been brought up...but I can't find it on the site. On a 1971 Duster, can anyone tell me the location of the following Emblems and Decals?

Pentastar- I know its on the passenger side front fender, and I think its the same height as the fender bolt...but how far in does it go? Centered? More towards the front?

Tire Pressure Decal- I believe it goes on the drivers side door... Is it on the door or the jam? Just slap it anywhere???

Much Mahalo!!!

my2.jpg

Aloha:

I don't think you've seen an answer on this because no one wants to be a smart-a$$. The simple answer is: The Pentastar mounts in the factory holes!

Maybe the previous owner or your body shop mudded over the mounting holes; been done a million times. See if you can't find some body filler "oozing" through the backside.

I think the tire pressure decal goes below the striker on the jamb. Somebody chime in here if 30 years of inhaling exhaust fumes has me remembering things the way they weren't...

No mahalo required. Love your state. I was just there three weeks ago on business. Nothing beats a Thai Shrimp pizza and a few pints of Lava Man Red at the Kona Brewing Company. :cheers:

Ray

Aloha:

I don't think you've seen an answer on this because no one wants to be a smart-a$$. The simple answer is: The Pentastar mounts in the factory holes!

Maybe the previous owner or your body shop mudded over the mounting holes; been done a million times. See if you can't find some body filler "oozing" through the backside.

I think the tire pressure decal goes below the striker on the jamb. Somebody chime in here if 30 years of inhaling exhaust fumes has me remembering things the way they weren't...

No mahalo required. Love your state. I was just there three weeks ago on business. Nothing beats a Thai Shrimp pizza and a few pints of Lava Man Red at the Kona Brewing Company. :cheers:

Ray

Ray,

Mahalo! I knew I should have mentioned the holes were bondo over...I'll clarify next time...my bad. I tried doing what you suggested even before I posted..but the hole was difficult to locate even looking throught the hood hinge mount opening.

Heres what I discovered..The Pentastar lines up with the antenna hole and the mounting bolt for the fender in the wheel well. Looks great. I'll post pictures later.

As far as the decal...I though the same...but I'm new to mopars and wanted to be sure.

My Duster started life as a slant 6 but was made into a clone/replica 340. Just trying to make it look better...not trying to fool anyone other than myself...its neat to see the stickers/decals from way back...one of those little details that most car people rarely get accomplished...:glasses9:

Thanks for the reply:cheers:

yes, Kona brewing (big Island) does make some good grindz cuz!:drinkers:

-
Back