Emergency Brake Cable ?????????????????

-

jefflock

69 Dart 408 10.08 best pass so far
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of gathering parts to convert my rear brakes over to 10x2.5when I change out my sbp axles to Yukon's with lbp. What emergency brake cables should I use??? My car currently only has one cable on it or I would try and use the originals. I checked O'Reilly's website and they show different part numbers for the various years. 68 Dart, 72 dart, 75 dart and 69 road runner. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

there is either two short cables or one short one long,you will have to look on the drivers side where the cable is held onto the frame,if the bracket has two holes than your car takes one long and one short,you can get them off any a body rearend even off a 7 1/4 will have the right cables to the best of my knowledge

You will need the cables for the year and model of your car with 10 inch brakes.

I did the 7.25 to 8.75 swap with yukon BBP axles and 10 x 2.5 inch brakes off a 74 dodge pick up. I used the original cables and end clips from the 7.25. Didnt change a thing and it works fine.

-
Back