engine balance

-

jimrat

Reaction score
hello need to know if 2005 hemi is internally balanced, plan on using 727 trans with no weight on torque convertor if balanced internal, there is no wieight on flywheel off of the hemi. thanks for any information.

Can't say for certain if it's externally or internally balanced but are you positive it will bolt to a 727? I know my 4.7 in my 2002 Dakota won't bolt to a torqueflite and I thought I read somewhere the Hemi is different from a torqueflite pattern also. I'm just going on what I read though. Also you mentioned the hemi "flywheel". Is it a manual shift? If not and it uses a flywheel to attach to the converter your going to need something special there cause the torqueflites don't use a regular flywheel like a Gm or Ford. They have a flexplate. If your calling the flexplate a flywheel and it looks like the one from a torqueflite and don't have weights you should be ok. Hope this helps.

fishy68 said:
Can't say for certain if it's externally or internally balanced but are you positive it will bolt to a 727? I know my 4.7 in my 2002 Dakota won't bolt to a torqueflite and I thought I read somewhere the Hemi is different from a torqueflite pattern also. I'm just going on what I read though. Also you mentioned the hemi "flywheel". Is it a manual shift? If not and it uses a flywheel to attach to the converter your going to need something special there cause the torqueflites don't use a regular flywheel like a Gm or Ford. They have a flexplate. If your calling the flexplate a flywheel and it looks like the one from a torqueflite and don't have weights you should be ok. Hope this helps.
well i have it bolted up I have heard i need to cut ring gear off flywheel so I can use it as a flex plate. What I don't know is if the 2005 torque convertor is weighted.

According to Mopar Action, August 2002 issue, it is internally balanced. The articl also states that the crank has an 8-bolt flange & the bell housing has a different bolt pattern. It should be the same as the 4.7 V-8.

-
Back