Engine build update

-

GDL

Reaction score
Well, the 340 is progressing. Crank needed to be ground, heads needed a FULL tear down and rebuild. The machine shop is balancing the crank to be internally balanced from external. A comp xe 268 cam is going in. Have the stock manifold and freshly rebuilt ThermoQuad sitting in the garage.

Soon.........

IMG_3671.jpg

Well the engine is in and bolted up. Now it's onto linkage and some of the small bits. A 340 bored .015 over with a comp xe 262 h cam, Thermoquad carb and a performer intake ought to liven up a 2 barrel 318 swinger car a bit. Can't remember the compression on the slugs but I believe they are stock replacements.

Got the engine to fire up on Saturday. Now it is time to swap fluids and all the fun stuff.

We had a massive scare with the fan shroud getting nicked and sounding like valve train noise. We were worried until we figured that one out....

That's a good looking engine. I hope you put clear coat on that intake. I made the mistake of not putting any on mine andit doesnt look as good now

Loving those rocker covers. Might do that with mine (except with red to suit the motor.)

Thanks, was the wife's idea on the valve covers. Need to be touched up though.

Bolting on the hood and getting timing dialed in today.

Timing was an absolute bugger to set/ get it to stop idling so dang high and not die when in gear. But now, now it lives, just need to break it in....

-
Back