Engine dyno software. Anything good on the Internet?

-
And let's be honest here, if digital property was sold at a pricepoint which reflected the fact that there are no overheads to maintain, running costs, distribution costs or any other normal expenditures associated with running a business then there would be a lot more people willing to pay for the legitimate copy.

For example if a DVD quality movie cost $3.50 from an online store for direct download. you'd get a lot fewer people pirating the $28 DVD someone bought at walmart. "
So a car costs 50-k , but only 10k to produce , better steal it now , right ? You don't like the price , don't buy it , write your own program .

If it's on the internet and it's not copyrighted, it's fair game. End of story.

And let's be honest here, if digital property was sold at a pricepoint which reflected the fact that there are no overheads to maintain, running costs, distribution costs or any other normal expenditures associated with running a business then there would be a lot more people willing to pay for the legitimate copy.

For example if a DVD quality movie cost $3.50 from an online store for direct download. you'd get a lot fewer people pirating the $28 DVD someone bought at walmart. "
So a car costs 50-k , but only 10k to produce , better steal it now , right ? You don't like the price , don't buy it , write your own program .

Did you even read what i wrote?

There's stealing where you take something from a person so they no longer have it. then there's copying something so that they still have it, and you have an identical copy.

Making a digital copy of a program costs nothing. not a cent $0.00.

compared to the car which costs $10,000.00. You can't copy it for $0.00 no matter what you do.

If you're going to make comparisons, make comparisons that are actually worth something and aren't riddles with inconsistencies.

Let's go back to the DVD, costs $28 because you have to get the physical disk to the store. have someone make the cover, the box to put it in. all the manufacturing crap that makes it expensive. and you make a profit of about $3.50 on each disk

Or you could just sell it as an online download for $3.50, you don't even have to do anything except pay a few dollars a month for server upkeep and people probably wouldn't pirate it coz it's cheap and well worth the money.

You mentioned that recording a movie onto your VHS tape is legal for personal use.

NEWS FLASH. making a copy of a software program is the exact same thing just done on a different medium (hard drive vs video tape). You can't logically condemn one and defend the other without being a hypocrite.

Ever photocopied a page out of a friend's workshop manual? legal as long as it is not mass produced and sold , for personal use
Ever looked at pictures of a tool you can't afford and decided to produce your own?= legal as long as you do not sell them for personal use
Ever taped a movie onto VHS or a song from the radio? = legal for personal use
Ever watched Pay per view at a friend's place for free? legal unless they charge admission fee

You need to check on your "personal use " theory. So if I rent a dvd and make a copy for my own "personal use", it's ok? Naaah! Don't think so.

Ever sold something for more than you bought it for and not paid tax on the profit? nobody is perfect

So it's ok if you just do it sometimes because we're not perfect?

Some people here will go and download Desktop Dyno and it will be okay cause they are just doing it for their own "personal use", not for profit.

You probably haven't used any of the free manuals on here either have you?
In other words, it's okay when "you" deem it okay. Yes?

If I wanted to go to church, I would have gone yesterday.

I don't need some hypocrite telling me how to live my life.....

You need to check on your "personal use " theory. So if I rent a dvd and make a copy for my own "personal use", it's ok? Naaah! Don't think so.
no one mentioned DVD , mentioned VHS and making a copy of one you BOUGHT , not rented , which is legal according to the courts . If I don't like the price of something I don't buy it .

So it's ok if you just do it sometimes because we're not perfect? Joke about draconian US tax laws , you do get that .

Some people here will go and download Desktop Dyno and it will be okay cause they are just doing it for their own "personal use", not for profit. No that is stealing for prifit of the cost of the program

You probably haven't used any of the free manuals on here either have you?
In other words, it's okay when "you" deem it okay. Yes?
no I didn't , bought the manual .

Sayin it again Rusty Rat Rod will run a dyno for you for $10. He did mine, ran 3 with different parts options and found me a ton of HP. $10 won't buy a friggin gasket!

Maybe you should have gone

You seem to get it when it's your work , you wrote out your rules , I guess the people that write the dyno programs work hard and expect others to respect the rules set out for the use of the program . http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=1970452054&postcount=9

I did not post to "steal" anybody's work. The software that I posted, you have to pay for and is a little expensive, but is accurate if used properly.

There are enough hypocrites here, I don't need to go to church to listen to it there also....

Sayin it again Rusty Rat Rod will run a dyno for you for $10. He did mine, ran 3 with different parts options and found me a ton of HP. $10 won't buy a friggin gasket!

Exactly, just because you have the software on your computer doesn't mean that you know how to run it... #-o

It takes some time to figure out what numbers to put where to get the proper results. If not, it's just a bunch of meaningless numbers. (Garbage-in, Garbage-out).... :???:

It may be worth paying the $10 to get proper results.... :D

Some of you guy's make me laugh, Do you think Steve Jobs invented the "windows" concept? Xerox did, and Jobs stole the concept from them. Then along came Bill Gates and stole it from Jobs. So basically most of us are using software that was stolen from it's original creator, and paying the thief for the rights to use it.. LOL.. Piracy has been around on the net since day one, in fact that's what it was created for, the sharing of information.
Most seem to be quite happy to copy this and that, pirate if you like to call it, UNTIL it has something to do with how THEY make a buck, then it's a whole different story.
Let he who is without sin , cast the first stone.
As already pointed out, some people are just hypocrites ,

your car parked on a street might also be fair game.

Hey, isn't that PirateBay website in your neck of the woods?
Just wait until 3D laser printing becomes cheaper and and more refined, then people will be copying intake manifold etc. Geez, some shops are already mapping others port work to be used on CNC machines..the list goes on,
If we all had multi axis CNC's...... Well the mind boggles ...

Wallace calculator is pretty accurate. I used it to test the information provided by the Hellcat Challenger and it pretty much matched it MPH wise. ET is dependent on traction, so I go with the MPH and see what ET usually runs that MPH

Or you could just sell it as an online download for $3.50, you don't even have to do anything except pay a few dollars a month for server upkeep and people probably wouldn't pirate it coz it's cheap and well worth the money.

That's the concept behind iTunes.
Except you don't "own" a physical copy of the media, just the right to hear it via iTunes.

If I wanted to go to church, I would have gone yesterday.

I don't need some hypocrite telling me how to live my life.....

it's gonna be a long cold winter, my friend, lol

your car parked on a street might also be fair game.

My vehicles are parked in my driveway, in the woods 500' off the road. Somebody thinks they're "fair game" is sadly mistaken.

how can anyone complain about piracy when no one spoke up about Chinese copies of Edelbrock cylinder heads -and yet everyone either supported the build ups of these motors

If you have to preach morals to someone say it once and drop it, there isn't any need to banter egos IN THIS THREAD -not for moral/ethic/philosophic values and the boundaries there of

there are other venues for this type of behavior

how can anyone complain about piracy when no one spoke up about Chinese copies of Edelbrock cylinder heads -and yet everyone either supported the build ups of these motors

If you have to preach morals to someone say it once and drop it, there isn't any need to banter egos IN THIS THREAD -not for moral/ethic/philosophic values and the boundaries there of

there are other venues for this type of behavior

Spot on.

That's the concept behind iTunes.
Except you don't "own" a physical copy of the media, just the right to hear it via iTunes.

Correct, for some reason apple think people will pay for copyright material that is encoded in propriety format that can then only be played back on propriety software, most of which is only compatible with propriety hardware! :wack:

This is a mopar forum so i'll put it into car context.

It's about the equivalent of buying a brand new mopar that can only be driven on mopar approved roads (hardware) and only runs on mopar approved gas (software). The car might be fantastic value but if the roads are rutted and always take the long way to your destination (complicated interface, constant crashes and slow load times) and the fuel gives you crappy mileage (battery life) and needs constant refilling (updates).

That's when you get into hot-rodding and build a car that works how YOU want it to!

Hmm i like this analogy even though it's pretty vague. :burnout:

Hey, isn't that PirateBay website in your neck of the woods?
Just wait until 3D laser printing becomes cheaper and and more refined, then people will be copying intake manifold etc. Geez, some shops are already mapping others port work to be used on CNC machines..the list goes on,
If we all had multi axis CNC's...... Well the mind boggles ...

one of my biggest desires is to learn CAD and print things to design my own one-off speed equipment designs or negatives and sacrificial moulds to do all that kinda thing, I don't have any background with production or anything like that. But I hope this kinda thing becomes a reality for the future. it could really open some possibilities for "regular people" to create things we've never seen before!

Even while it seems the whole world is going to hell, things like 3D printing remind me that the future is bright in a lot of ways!

one of my biggest desires is to learn CAD and print things to design my own one-off speed equipment designs or negatives and sacrificial moulds to do all that kinda thing, I don't have any background with production or anything like that.

Even while it seems the whole world is going to hell, things like 3D printing remind me that the future is bright in a lot of ways!

Our community college has one of the best AutoCAD programs in the country. Definitely one of the best instructors in the country. I'm in his class now.

Try taking some classes. It's pretty cool, and keeps dragging you in deeper and deeper.

Here are some pictures of the latest model that we worked on....

Whole model:

View attachment Putty Knife All.jpg

Without the rivet:

View attachment Putty Knife A01.jpg

Just the handle:

View attachment Putty Knife A03.jpg

Just the blade:

View attachment Putty Knife A02.jpg

Wireframe:

View attachment Putty Knife A04.jpg

Our community college has one of the best AutoCAD programs in the country. Definitely one of the best instructors in the country. I'm in his class now.

Try taking some classes. It's pretty cool, and keeps dragging you in deeper and deeper.

Here are some pictures of the latest model that we worked on....

Not trying to crush your spirit, but I see a problem in design.

I hope that design about how to cost reduce, so it no longer works! The mounting tab needs to extend to the the other handle attachment rivet full width of handle. As is, the blade will break loose, twist around and cut a finger. Build one, and try scraping thick old paint in an edge corner, applying force to one edge of blade.

-
Back