Engine/Headlight harness, which company?

-

Alaskan_Dart

Mopars are an addiction
Reaction score
I'm looking for the company that sells new wire harness' besides Paddock and YearOne. I heard of a place but lost the info. Anybody know of a company that sells complete front kit and have used them as well? I need all three that plug into the harness.
Thanks......Mark

I got mine through Year One and it was very nice. I believe the company they use has an exclusive with them. It`s been a while now but I think it was about $150.00.

Thanks for the web site/info.
My car was stolen and wrecked, body shop I worked at during the time, my apprentice did the tear down but cut all the wires due to such a hard hit, he didn't realize he should have just dis-connected the harness.
I'm not angry, just wanting new wires.

Thanks again guys!
Mark

I just ordered an engine/headlight harness from year one - $175.00. The others mentioned above were almost $100 more expensive.

Evans just emailed me back, they don't build a headlight harness. Year One says no also, anybody know where else to get a head light harness for a '72 or '73 Dart?

Mark

I would post a photo of my set up. But its pretty cut and dry like a late '60s model IMO.
The three plug in's just like a '70 style, head light, alt. ing. coil. wiper motor. elect. for carb.

The head light set up, turn signal wires are gone. Right now, a used wire set up would help me even.
Thanks forthe help guys.
Mark

On a 1970 Duster there are three connections at bulkhead inside the engine compartment.You have the engine /forward light harness that plugs into two of the connectors.The third circuit being the wiper,backup light neutral safety.The harness you are in need of is called engine forward light harness.That harness controls the headlight and engine circuits. Laysons,YearOne refers to that harness as the engine forward light harness.Yearone has a 'no sweat return policy' (can be returned at any time as long as it has not been installed and can be resold as new). For example I bought one style of harness for my Duster and decided that I was going to use a different style - it sat for two years - I was able to return with no problems.
I hope this helps.

Just an FYI. I am buying a harness from a member on line.
For what I need, it'll do just fine.
Thanks again for everyones help.
I'd post photos of my ride in progress, but my photos are to large.
If anyone is interested, I can send photos to whomever's email from mine w/photos for me to post here.

Thanks Mark

Also, its great knowing we can help each other even though we've never met and once a mopar guy, always a mopar guy! This car has been a PITA for over 13 years and it's finally coming together.

Just an FYI. I am buying a harness from a member on line.
For what I need, it'll do just fine.
Thanks again for everyones help.
I'd post photos of my ride in progress, but my photos are to large.
If anyone is interested, I can send photos to whomever's email from mine w/photos for me to post here.

Thanks Mark

Also, its great knowing we can help each other even though we've never met and once a mopar guy, always a mopar guy! This car has been a PITA for over 13 years and it's finally coming together.

Go to the Website Help/Suggestions forum, there`s a picture resizer you can download from Microsoft under the "making pictures internet friendly" thread. Then you can post all the pictures you want. We love pictures! :toothy10:

Photos did not load up still. I did install photos in my garage bin. By clicking my name, you can go to my garage photos and see my progress.
Thanks Mark

On a 1970 Duster there are three connections at bulkhead inside the engine compartment.You have the engine /forward light harness that plugs into two of the connectors.The third circuit being the wiper,backup light neutral safety.The harness you are in need of is called engine forward light harness.That harness controls the headlight and engine circuits. Laysons,YearOne refers to that harness as the engine forward light harness.Yearone has a 'no sweat return policy' (can be returned at any time as long as it has not been installed and can be resold as new). For example I bought one style of harness for my Duster and decided that I was going to use a different style - it sat for two years - I was able to return with no problems.
I hope this helps.

some of that might help explain why the backup lights never worked on my '70 dart and the neutral safety was bypassed at the starter relay. When i bought it the wires for the windsheild wiper were not there, so i took the harness from my '68 Barracuda, and i think i heard somewhere that they had a different switch then for the backup lights.

i couldn't imagine working on the electrical systems of new vehicles...

Steve

-
Back