Engine paint.... Lets see them purdy SB's

-
Dupli-Color Chrysler Red....

more4.jpg

more2.jpg

mines not as fancy with pretty parts on it but im happy with it...duplicolor street hemi orange...

Attachments

• a43.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 737
  • a56.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 738
  • a75.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 741
  • a345.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 750
mine

Attachments

• SprintPhoto_bjyngz (1).jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 757
just black

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 769
  • 005.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 748
  • 100_3588.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 737
  • 100_3587.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 727
  • 100_3586.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 758
recent pic of my 71 Demon

Attachments

• DSC00166.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 713
My small block and dads big block.

Attachments

• 11111111.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 698
  • 2.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 688
gotta go get my camera! :) super scamp 340....holy **** that's beautiful! I would like to know about that intake setup.......

just black

:sleepy3::sleepy3::sleepy3::sleepy3: Now that's a motor.... Is that AC custom? What kind of prep/paint? Hows it held up? I'd be to scared to put it in the car. In fact I'd put it in my living room haha. Well thanks for my new dsktop back round :wink:.

This works for me too. Right out of the can on several engines I have done. Clean, Clean & Clean first. I also use heat to warm the parts up and chase out any moisture.

Now if you really want to go hard core. There are shops that high temp powder coat now. The entire engine. Also motorcycle engines that run hotter than a car engine. I have done snowmobile engines in the past and they look great and last but, it cost way more than a rattle can. There are a million colors to pick and you have to grind it off. I'm going to use Plati Coat clear engine paint over the Mopar 1587933 and a very lite scuffing. I want a high gloss look. I'll put in more pics as I go. Cheers

I must have missed your second post. I like the tint/gloss on the motor with the closeup of the mounts. Is that the same 5.9 you pulled after 12K with street orange? For some reason it looked dull in the sun. So you cleared all those motors? You said you never use primer either? What about the cuda, did you prime that? That under shot is after 18years :shock:? Looks sweet! Why does the SB w/ the white headers look so dull? maybe its just the camera/lighting? I also like the color/tint of the SC SB too. Same paint? Btw what kind of SC is that? Never seen one like that? Btw you have too much money lol.

I'm a use your motor for an example Pastortom. This is what I dont want it to look like after heat. His looks like its pepto pink. Sorry man. At least its not pealing though :/.

68 Chrysler Industrial Red over engine primer from PlastiKote. It looks pretty much like the same red that Lakewood uses on their bellhousings.

Attachments

• IMG_7384.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 599
I'm a use your motor for an example Pastortom. This is what I dont want it to look like after heat. His looks like its pepto pink. Sorry man. At least its not pealing though :/.

It's probably the lighting. I know the valve covers were Hemi Orange when they left my shop. :-D

All they need is the new fuel systems...5 valve fuel pump/braided line/fuel log like the big block in the picture.

blp.jpg

smblk.jpg

smblk2.jpg

-
Back