engine paint suggestion

-

DartThis74

Reaction score
I am currently restoring a '74 Gold Duster, but instead of having the /6 I am installing a 360. I was just curious as to know what paint color was used in 1974 for a 360. Although as you can see i'm not going back original with the car, I want to find a nice color to match the newly painted black engine bay. Was the paint color changed throughout the years or was it it always chrysler blue?

Thanks for any info

Aaron

Hemi orange would look good with a black engine compartment. A lot of the performance engines were hemi orange in the late 60's and early 70's.

Isn't your engine compartment supposed to be the color of the car? Sorry but I hate black engine compartments. Hopefully you didn't use spray cans or it will be pealing off at some time.

Like Rob64GT vbmenu_register("postmenu_222864", true); said. Black is the FORD engine compartment color not mopar's. But I guess it takes all kinds to make the world go round. My engine is blue but Hemi orange would look nice if you keep the black.

FWIW, when I painted my car I did paint the engine compartment body color. My car is a driver and it gets pretty cruddy looking quite fast. In hind sight I wish I had painted the engine compartment black, it would stay nicer looking longer. Same with the trunk, I contemplated painting it with spatter paint and did body color and now I wish I had.

My 360 if from 74, we strayed from the norm with this one...

PICT2003.jpg

if your compartment is black orange will really pop, just my $.02

Thanks for yalls input ! As I said earlier I'm not planning on bringing the car back to original, I just want it to look good regardless ! :lol: Yes the engine bay is black, I had a local paint shop paint it flat black. Don't worry i didn't paint it with spray cans, I would never do such an thing hahah. I am planning on painting the car flat black and driving it around for awhile like that while i'm in college. I just want a sleek, stelthy, sleeper look to my dart.

Aaron

Thanks for yalls input ! As I said earlier I'm not planning on bringing the car back to original, I just want it to look good regardless ! :lol: Yes the engine bay is black, I had a local paint shop paint it flat black. Don't worry i didn't paint it with spray cans, I would never do such an thing hahah. I am planning on painting the car flat black and driving it around for awhile like that while i'm in college. I just want a sleek, stelthy, sleeper look to my dart.

Aaron

Black engine bay, with a Yellow Mopar;:(
paint the engine Black, or Ford Blue.

-
Back