Engine pulling?

-

Bigmacdak

I'll take the Duster.....
Reaction score
Guys, how do you drop the K member & lift the car over the engine? Is this easier than pulling the motor/tranny from the top with a cherry picker? Never done it befor, can you please shed some light on it for me. What all do I need to do to drop it all out of the bottom?

Thanks alot. Matt W.8)

I have never dropped one out from the bottom, i think its pretty easy from the top thought, just undo your motor mounts, and all the wiring, and undo the tranny crossmember holdy thing, then the drive shaft, and a few other things............ It sounds harder than it is. :read2:

Thats the way I had planned on doing it. Just wanted to know about the other way, guys always say "thats how chrysler did it". Looks to me like it would be easier to come out from the top as well. Lots of stuff to unhook if you go out the bottom me thinks.

Might want to be careful with the hood. I'd pull it to be safe..............:wave:

much easier to pull from top! i would imagine from bottom you would have to undo steering box, k frame, tie rods? torsion bars, and then all the wiring, driveshaft, trans crossmember thingy, and ya. more work than needed. just keep it simple by pulling out overhead

-
Back