Engine Quiz

-
I served my apprenticeship under a crabby old master mechanic at a general service garage where we worked on everything and all brands of cars and trucks. In the past (read old days) the parts stores didn't deliver your parts like they do now. The daily trips to the auto parts store down the street from the garage was more of a learning experience than anything and a lot of fun bench racing and all. Dan

I really miss the Auto Parts biz. No money in it.
I managed one of two stores that could be called a mom & pop type shops.
We raced 3 cars out of the two stores.
We offered a full machine shop at one of them & speed parts at both.
I really enjoyed finding that hard to find part for the customer.
When the chain stores came to town, I still got the hard to find parts for the customers, but lost all the gravy parts to the chain stores.
Customers seemed to forget about all the times that you got them out of trouble.
I couldn't wait until a new catalog came in & see what was new in it.
I have ordered parts for all kinds of machinery & thats how I learned.
Sure would like to have those simple times back.

59% (10 out of 17), not bad considering I've never seen at least 80% of the motors except for Mopars (second guessed myself on the crossfire one) and a pontiac big block.

17 for 17 but i'm an old guy!!!

16/17 I missed the ...insert grmiace-of-shame here... Hemi in red hot rod coupe :bom: . Y'know why ? Newer-style alternator ! I thought it was newer Hemi with vintage-style rocker covers :eek:ops: .

14-17
You got 82% (14 right out of 17). The average score is 62%.

A: Correct.
Not a Ford 289 (distributor is in back), not a Pontiac (spark plugs are below ex ports), not a Mopar 360 (spark plug location).

73% (120415 out of 164302) of the other players got that question right.

You got 88% (15 right out of 17). The average score is 62%.

Nail Head got me never seen it should have guessed it. The Olds got me too.

Damn GM crap they made everything under the sun to compete with Ma back in the day!!

You got 88% (15 right out of 17). The average score is 62%.
The two I missed I should be slapped for! Distributor was a give away. Doh. :violent1:

I absolutely love those old Buick Nailhead engines and Olds Rockets engines' appearance ! They look bad *** in hot rods !
I'd like to build a '53-'55 F-100 with vintage items (say , a Nailhead backed by a "Slim Jim" or similar Hydra-Matic ; 4-Track player under-dash [a dummy body with a c.d. player hidden inside] ; and other early-mid 60's custom touches).

I'm still pissed that I missed that Hemi's year in that red coupe !

I'm an old scrounger.

nailedit.jpg

-
Back