Engine Swap from 318 to 360

-

darc1722

Reaction score
I just upgraded my 318 engine to an MRL 408 Stroker, in my 1969 Satellite. I'm having a problem installing the power steering pump as the water pump on the other engine had an ear on it to attach the power steering pump bracket. The new water pump dumps to the other side and that's the only difference, so is there a mounting bracket for the PS pump that I can get or will I need to get a water pump with the extra mounting point or how do I resolve this?. Please see photo's and let me know if you've seen this before, thanks.

I know this is a B-Body but you guys are the small block experts, thanks again!

Attachments

• DSC05254 (2) (640x480).jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 206
  • DSC05759 - Copy (640x480).jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 174
The 318 is the same physical package as a 360. Do a search, go raid the junkyard, figure it out, ain't like your putting a 5.7 Hemi in there.

water pump changed in 69/70. go find a junk yard car with newer style water pump and get all of the brackets and make sure to get the numbers off the belt it will be different. as well as pulleys may be different.
I personally pulled everything off the front of an engine so i had everything from one factory vehicle. trying to mix match can become a headache fast.
good luck

the 1970+ water pump inlet on the passenger side is not the only difference. timing cover, timing groove on damper, radiator

the 1970+ water pump inlet on the passenger side is not the only difference. timing cover, timing groove on damper, radiator

Pulley spacing and alternator mount...........and you've already found out about the pump

-
Back