epoxy primer adhesion over por15

-

pinkmeepmeep

Reaction score
I have a set of rallye wheels that I had sandblasted 2 weeks ago, and I was going to have my buddy epoxy primer and paint them(I don't have a compressor with a water filter). He wasn't able to do it then, so I brought them in the house and set them next to a heater. They have started to show some minute spots of flash rust, so I went and got some por15 metal prep. He was not excited about me rinsing the bare treated metal with water. I haven't used it yet, but I am curious about your experience with it. Is it a good product? Will it diminish adhesion with the dp90? Should I go for it, or go back and pay to have my wheels reblasted? The rust spots are hardly visible in a few areas, but it is there. Thank you

That is a very good product. As for rinsing with water that will not be an issue as long as you wipe them dry and used good clean filtered compressed air to blow out the crevices. As for the adhesion, sandblasting leaves the perfect substrate on which to apply your primer, of which neither water or the metal prep with remove. Another option is to use a red scotch brite pad and scuff the rust off if it is indeed just on the surface, and again won't hurt the etch that the sandblasting left.

-
Back