Ever see a BLACK/ORANGE 71 340 Duster??

-

ShowAndGoResto

Reaction score
Hi.....was trying to buy a factory BLACK 71 340 4 speed Duster with ORANGE interior....has anyone ever seen/heard of another one before??

This one has a white stripe and J81 rear spoiler, moulding package.

The current owner is not cooperating in selling.....yet

Sorry...I do not have photos.

Saw that color combo on a Demon in mopar collectors guide recently .
Not sure if that answers your ?

That's Cool...Thanks...I have a Orange/Black INSIDE and OUT 71 340 Demon...
Just never saw a black or white painted car with the orange.

Demon interior....

DSCN0106 (3).jpg

Can't say for sure about the 71's, but the plaid benches were standard in the 72s. Besides the orange, like the post above, I have run across green/yellow, bright blue/dark blue, and the black/white that I have. The plaid seat inserts are cloth, the rest vinyl. These were not limited to the 340 cars. Legendary still has some of the NOS plaid available.

Way back in the 70's (77ish ? ) I hung with a guy that had a duster twister. It was orange exterior with a dust devil of some sort in a black strip down the side and a complete orange bucket interior. It was 318 car/ auto and he was always replacing the 7 1/4 rear in it. Marcel.

OWWWWCH My eyes! haha....can't wait to have my Demon look like that.
Now imagine that interior on a BLACK car...with white stripe.

This is one of my future restoration project's. 71 Demon 340 4 speed car, original hemi orange, with orange interior.

IMG_1872.jpg

IMG_1874.jpg

Can't say for sure about the 71's, but the plaid benches were standard in the 72s. Besides the orange, like the post above, I have run across green/yellow, bright blue/dark blue, and the black/white that I have. The plaid seat inserts are cloth,
I have seen one car with blue exterior and orange/black plaid interior. (!) I read about it in a magazine, then happened to stumble on it at a car show (Chicagoland, I think). The story included mention of an incredulous dealership sales guy who wanted a big down payment because he was sure he'd never be able to sell it if the original purchaser changed his mind...

- Erik

64 Valiant, 170 3-spd
82 Volvo wagon, 5.0 5-spd :)

i had a 71 twister orange on orange. never seen one since. everything was orange in the interior expect the dash and something else (possible the rug cant remember) even the bucket seat backs where orange. i think i still have the fender tag and the build sheet. sold the car and the guy never came back to pick up the paper work and the rest of the parts. (not to smart )

That's a pretty rare car. I've seen a few Demons painted like that in magazines but no Dusters. Just having the go wing on the Duster is somewhat rare, add in the Black piant and orange interior and white stripes and I'd say that's a rare one.

Black paint, white stripes, and orange interior is a standard color combination, and recomended in the sales literature. None of those orange cars are rare.

Jimmy at Jacks auto in N.J. had one for sale a few years back at e-town,it was black with the orange stripe looked pretty nice too.....

i had a 71 twister orange on orange. never seen one since. everything was orange in the interior expect the dash and something else (possible the rug cant remember) even the bucket seat backs where orange. i think i still have the fender tag and the build sheet. sold the car and the guy never came back to pick up the paper work and the rest of the parts. (not to smart )
That sounds pretty neat...can you post the fender tag? photos?
Thanks

-
Back