Exact 1/18 scale small block engines?

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
Hi Y'all,

I am friends with a guy online who 3d prints keychain sized engine blocks. I was wondering what the interest would be in 1/18 scale accurate small block blocks, or even engine kits to put an accurate 318, 340 , 360 in your 1/18 die cast scale models? Or even mount it to a minature scale engine build up stand. Pix below is representative of the type of work his printer can already do. Pix are the one engine block i bought from him. I'm blown away at the detail. For all I know, this may already be 1/18th scale, or pretty damn close. He wanted to gauge some interest in this, I figured I'd ask the model builders out there what they think.

His website is www.stillplayingwithblocks.com

Thanks
Matt

20211207_204513.jpg

20211207_204524.jpg

20211207_204543.jpg

20211207_204556.jpg

20211207_204619.jpg

Last edited:
The pix are of the block I got from him. It's a scan of a real small block block and shrunk down. I'm sure that makes it pretty accurate.

Last edited:
The pix are of the boock I got from him. It's a scan of a real small block block and shrunk down. I'm sure that makes it pretty accurate.

Nice. I always wanted some sort of reference model. I work in CAD daily and have been curious about some bad ideas I have...

I'd be down to buy a Keychain too though. Would make a neat addition to my desk.

You are going to catch hell finding the main caps for that block!
And then finding a a machine shop to align bore it!
Does he do a slant!

My son found these I forget where. Frickin cool as hell!

I would be interested in an RB and hemi block key chain.

I'm interested in a small block, but it depends on the price. I'm saving to build a real one.

Anybody in Michigan with a slant 6 block get in touch with him. Ditto for an RB and Hemi blocks. He doesnt have those yet. He needs the real engine blocks to scan to make the model pieces. I am sure he would greatly appreciate the help.

Www.stillplayingwithblocks.com

Last edited:
You could almost do 1/25 scale small blocks and slants.

There are actually more slats in 1/25 than SB.

Every now and then someone parts out the 340 Duster and an SB is available, but that's about it.

(248) area code is likely in the east side of MI. I’ve got a bare 440 block he could scan but getting it to him would be a chore.

-
Back