exact date car was built ?

-

74slnt6

Reaction score
i was wonderng if i can find the exact date my car was built. I have the buildsheet, but I cant really make heads or tails of it. one section lists the "time" which it reads 1204. would this mean my car was built on 12/4 73' ? since its a 74 model car .. sorry in case its a dumb question haha. any insight would be great

Since your car is a 74, it should have an MDH code on the door sticker. MDH stands for month/day/hour. Since the stickers were printed and installed near the end of the assembly line, that is most likely the day the car was completed. What does your MDH code say?

I think it's the 3 digits in the circle.......In this case "B08" would be Nov. 8th.

1 jan, 2 feb, 3 mar...etc......A oct, B nov, C dec....plus the date.

Hope someone will confirm?

Attachments

• 74ChallengerSheet.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 159
Nothing on the build sheet will tell you when the car was built. It will have the SPD(scheduled production date) but that's just the date the factory "planned" to build the car. Most cars weren't built on the SPD. Starting sometime in 72, the MDH codes started appearing on the door VIN stickers.

Thanks burdar.......I see what you mean now. :thumleft:

Attachments

• imagesVSGI10GT.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 135
awesome, thanks for the help guys. i didnt even think to look at the door jam haha. and it was april 74 btw haha

-
Back