Exactly what size drum brakes does my car have?

-

1969_Valiant

Reaction score
I'm ordering some new brake parts and I need to know exactly what size drums my car has (without pulling wheels and measuring). It's a '69 Valiant Signet, 4-door, 225 slant with a 3 speed auto, no A/C, power steering, manual drum brakes all around with the VIN: VH4IB9B350855

I should have 'er rolling again within a day or two and I'd like to get all of the brake components ordered now so I can install them next week sometime. Thanks for any replies. Many of you have been a big help in the past.

Pull the shoes off of one wheel and take them with you to the parts store. Takes all the guess work out of it.:D

Actually, I'm ordering the parts online, so matching them up isn't an option. If anyone else can confirm that they are definitely 9" drums, please post. Thanks again.

Thanks so much for the quick replies. I'm ordering the parts right now. I'll let you all know when the car is legal and safe. Maybe I'll even post a photo. Until next time.

if you get the brakes from a local auto parts store instead of on line you can make sure they fit or exchange them if they don't

You should double check by taking you wheel off and the dia. is stamped on the drum. It is likely 9 inch but I have ran accross more than one slant 6 with 10 inch. I have one right now. Have you checked local prices? I gave under $14.00 per axle for 10 inch shoes for a 1969 Dart fairly recently.

You should double check by taking you wheel off and the dia. is stamped on the drum. It is likely 9 inch but I have ran accross more than one slant 6 with 10 inch. I have one right now.

X2 so true
murphys law states that your car will have whatever size brakes you don't order:eek:ops:

plus until you take the wheels and drums off you cant know what you will need
could be shoes, could be drums, springs, adjusters, and what not

-
Back