exhaust for 340 Duster

-

angeldust72

Reaction score
I have a 72 340 Duster I'm bringing back to life and need a streetable exhaust system with a good exhaust note and flow. The car has headers (3 inch) and will have exhaust tips.
Any suggestions?
Should I go 3 inch or 2 1/2 inch pipes?

I would go with 2 1/2 duals with Flowmasters, I like that sound. I would also go with the factory style tips, they make them for the larger pipe too.

depends alot about what kind of sound you like and how loud you want it and also how much power you have, im not going into this debate about to big exhaust will kill power but there is no point in running 3" if you dont have the power to use it since its alitle difficult to control soundlevel with 3" and its alitle harder making it fit very well!

I would think you should be fine with a nice custom bent 2 1/2" system with x or h pipe,i prefer magna-flow for mufflers,and a nice set of "stainless" factory tips..

I would think you should be fine with a nice custom bent 2 1/2" system with x or h pipe,i prefer magna-flow for mufflers,and a nice set of "stainless" factory tips..

have any sound clips or vids of your duster with the magnaflows?

I also have a 72 340....the exhaust system was already installed when purchased, full 2 1/2" TTI system all the way to the s/s tips(I have the original chrome tips). Dynomax mufflers sound great & provide just the right amount of back pressure.....Dave

Duster2006-1.jpg

Duster2012-1.jpg

I would use 2 1/2 inch with Flowmasters. 3 inch might be harder to fit and might just be too big for your application. I had 3 inch on my 71 hemicuda but I wouldn't put it on my 340.

I'd go with a TTI 2 1/2" with the dynomax mufflers that come standard with the TTI exhaust kits. Great sounds and not too loud.

have any sound clips or vids of your duster with the magnaflows?

Unfortunately no,but this setup is what my buddy is running on his 318 dart and it sounds pretty good..my duster has tti's into 3" pipes with "dumps" with "custom" stainless 3" mufflers ,and then i have 2 1/2" tail pipes into stock stainless tips...

Unfortunately no,but this setup is what my buddy is running on his 318 dart and it sounds pretty good..my duster has tti's into 3" pipes with "dumps" with "custom" stainless 3" mufflers ,and then i have 2 1/2" tail pipes into stock stainless tips...

Do you even have a picture of the Duster?

of the car itself i think he means...you know we love pics here on FABO lol

I also have a 72 340....the exhaust system was already installed when purchased, full 2 1/2" TTI system all the way to the s/s tips(I have the original chrome tips). Dynomax mufflers sound great & provide just the right amount of back pressure.....Dave

Duster2006-1.jpg

Duster2012-1.jpg

That's a fine looking 340 Duster Dave

-
Back