Exhaust hanger bracket help needed

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
I have a 67 dart with a 383/auto. has TTI headers and just ordered the TTI x-pipe this afternoon. I plan to run the collectors right off the headers into an exhaust dump out with the electric dump valves. this will then go into the x-pipe and into my flowmaster mufflers with turndowns in front of the rear end housing.

my question is this:

what are you guys using for hangers at the muffler? my car has no brackets what so ever under the car to hang the exhaust. i am able to fab/weld what ever needs to be done. i would like to weld something to the floor pan but worry about the vibration cracking the sheet metal floor.

I think I would look at whats under newer cars and trucks at the parts yard. Those figure 8 shaped rubber hangers seem to work well. Simple too.
Larger heavier pipes would need more of them. Same applies to any pipe hangers.

I think I would look at whats under newer cars and trucks at the parts yard. Those figure 8 shaped rubber hangers seem to work well. Simple too.
Larger heavier pipes would need more of them. Same applies to any pipe hangers.

this is kinda what i was thinking. in fact i think i will venture out to the local pull a part and rob a set up off of a newer diesel truck. they have the larger/heavier pipes. my main concern is how and where to connect my hangers to the body of the car itself. my exhaust is down the center of the car and will not be close enough to a frame rail to mount to.

I drilled holes through the floor and the seat belt plate for the rear belts. I bought two of the bolt on hangers with the rubber bushing and the straight rod that welds to the exhaust. I then formed the rod to the u shape of the clamp and welded it on. I have the clamp mounted on the hanger so the bottom of the clamp is off to the side and not in a downward position.

Here is a pic of the hanger I used.

Attachments

• th.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 263
I welded a piece of 1 in. flat bar, along the bottom of the rear seat belt supports on each side,, and suspend the usual rubber hangers from them...

this is kinda what i was thinking. in fact i think i will venture out to the local pull a part and rob a set up off of a newer diesel truck. they have the larger/heavier pipes. my main concern is how and where to connect my hangers to the body of the car itself. my exhaust is down the center of the car and will not be close enough to a frame rail to mount to.

Same can be said for those hangers under other vehicles. Same can be said for your front seat, rear tank strap support, and more. Bacisly, expanding the foot print of the weigh and stress is the solution.
If that meant removing the carpet and installing from the top down.. Thats what I would do.

one hanger on each side will be more than enough.
something that fits most anything is walker part# 35957 and a clamp around the outlet of the mufflers. there should be a bracket on the driverside of the car in front of the rearaxle where the brake hose is attached,that bolt will do just fine. passangerside either there will be a bracket there aswell or you can just drill a hole in about the same possition as the driverside bracket is.

-
Back