exhaust manifold hole opening

-

MIKED 65

Reaction score
hi everybody , i just purchased a 65 barracuda with a slant 6 , have a exhaust leak from the top of the manifold brought it to a muffler shop ,mechanic found the leak which is coming from a circular small hole at top a little behind and below the fuel filter area , he was not sure what goes there and did not want to just plug it I can probaly send a photo of the area, any suggestions . its a raised short extension maybe comes up about a 1/4 " off the top of the manifold can see the opening between the intake manifold THANKS !

Attachments

• IMG_2084.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_2087.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 187
OK, i just posted photos . its that round opening exhaust is blowing out of it . thanks

Ah, you have had an exhaust manifold change. Drill it out and tap for a threaded plug...

ok thanks ,any idea what would have conected to the opening or why the manifold was replaced .

ok thanks ,any idea what would have conected to the opening or why the manifold was replaced .

More than likely a choke heat tube. The old manifold likely developed a crack. There was a lot of that going around...

I had > 5 slant exhaust manifolds and none had a divorced choke tube. Weird. Tap and pipe plug it.

-
Back