Exhaust manifold paint

-

RS23VOA

Reaction score
Is there anything new on the market that actually works on exhaust manifolds? I tried different products years ago and they were all ok for a while but none really held up over time.

I had very good results with the manifold paint from Eastwood cant remember name but it is a brush on product that covers very well and when the manifolds heat up the first time the coating cures very hard and durable. mine lasted for a good 2 years and was still holding up when I sold car.

Looked it up for you ,its called Silver high temp paint kit Eastwood #10366Z, $27.99 for a pint Good Luck!

I would highly recommend Bill Hirsch Cast Iron Gray manifold paint.

I used it on my 340 manifolds 13 years ago and they still look like new.

Calyx manifold dressing. It's like shoe polish for cast iron.

Nasty, but cheap and works well.

VHT baked in the oven at 350 for an hour is indestructible.

I had very good results with the manifold paint from Eastwood cant remember name but it is a brush on product that covers very well and when the manifolds heat up the first time the coating cures very hard and durable. mine lasted for a good 2 years and was still holding up when I sold car.

I did the manifolds on my dads lil red express with this stuff. Hrld up great. We did not brush it. I believe the instructions stated what type of thinner to use to spray it, then we shot it out of a preval sprayer.

I will be doing this to my 340 manifolds as well.

Thanks for the responses. Next question. Are all of these cars being driven or do they sit in a garage??

only thing I will use on all 3 of my cars. get it at Summit racing.
KBS Coatings 65205 - KBS Xtreme Temperature Coatings . never peels. never had a problem.

Rust-Oleum stove and bbq paint - yes, really.
Its been on my headers for 2 or 3 years, only rust spots are where I scratched them or did not get good coverage-minimal. I even painted them first, then heated the one with a map gas torch to 'modify' it to clear the starter and the paint was fine.

mine are driven anytime the weather permits. I do brush on a fresh coat each spring only because I show these cars each week.

Rust-Oleum stove and bbq paint - yes, really.
Its been on my headers for 2 or 3 years, only rust spots are where I scratched them or did not get good coverage-minimal. I even painted them first, then heated the one with a map gas torch to 'modify' it to clear the starter and the paint was fine.

You had better luck with it than I did, I painted the muffler and exhaust pipe on my big truck, and it burned right off in short order.

-
Back