Exhaust Nightmare!

-
"Did not want to hack up a rotisorie restored car to install fenderwell headers"???? How does any type of aftermarket header make sense when your putting it on a rotisorie restored car? Kinda of contradicts your original idea! I would think its a show car if you went all out on the resto.
I contiplated back and forth going with headers on my restified '66 and realized the cost factor ($1500.) wasn't worth the performance gain of probably 40hp nor the idea of doing maintenance work in tight quarters with my "gorilla paws." I did the more subtle things that were mentioned earlier...head work, intake, dual exhaust, gears, etc...I'd leave it alone and if you want to go real fast in an early A, do it with a non-rotiserie car backed by a 340 / 360.

I bought the car as a roller at Carlisle 12 years ago. I respect the effort the previous owner put into the body/chassis. As I mentioned, put 1/4" shims under mounts per other threads. I had decided to forgo headers and tried magnum manifolds - no go. If the DD8 is a dead end then it will be stock manifolds cause I just want to get this car on the road. Not building a show car or a race car - just a cruiser with a little rumble!

-
Back