EZ wire harness.

-

zakimodo

Reaction score
So far my wiring job has been very straight forward just alittle time consuming. I have ran into some issues that I am probably over thinking bit want to do right the first time.

#1. How do I wire the ignition. The ez wire kit has 1 wire that says coil +
I am running the factory mopar electronic ignition.

#2. How do I wire my door switch so that the dome light comes on when i open the door,and when I turn the dimmer switch all the way on?

#3. The alternator wiring has a charge wire and alternator exciter wire. What goes were and how does that plug into the voltage regulator?

I have a Haynes manual, but am not impressed with the wire schematics.

#1. How do I wire the ignition. The ez wire kit has 1 wire that says coil +
I am running the factory mopar electronic ignition.

you have to find the two wires from the ign switch. one will power up in start position the other will power up in run position... the start position wire basically goes to the side of the ballast resistor that goes right to the coil. the run position wire goes to the side of the balast so power willpass through the ballast while the key is in run position... does that make sense?

#2. How do I wire my door switch so that the dome light comes on when i open the door,and when I turn the dimmer switch all the way on?

thats a little more tricky. we changed mine around so it switchs ground instead od 12v.

#3. The alternator wiring has a charge wire and alternator exciter wire. What goes were and how does that plug into the voltage regulator?

what regulator you running? for a dual fld ya run the one fld wire right to the regulator. the other fld wire goes to the other regulator wire but also runs to the key (run position) side of the ballast...

here scroll down the page to the dart section... http://www.automotiverewire.com/Navagation/documents.htm

With the easy wire kit you will need to add a wire but its easy. On the start side of the ignition switch is the wire thqt goes to the starter solenoid. You need to run a wire from the starter solenoid to the coil side of the ballast resistor. This will supply the 12VDC to the coil in the start position. The + coil wire goes to the ballast resistor and will provide the resisted 12VDC (down to 6-8VDC) in the run position.

Dome light. All the dome lights work on ground. Open the door and it makes a ground connection thus turning on the dome light. So, the wire in the kit for dome light is hot ALL THE TIME and goes to the dome light. In the kit there is probably another wire in that loom that is marked dome ground. If not you will need to add a wire. It splits and goes to each door switch. It also has a jumper that goes to a pole on the headlight switch that just completes to ground when you turn to the dome light position on the switch. Don't have a diagram in front of me so can't tell you which terminal on the HL switch.

Never used the MOPAR alternator on mine after doing the wiring. Went to a 1 wire and just went from the alt to the battery. I think the charge wire (probably a large red) is the one for the battery (can also be connected at the terminal on starter where the battery cable connects). The exciter wire should go to the field post on the alternator. Have to remember though that the easy wire kits are pretty generic in some areas so you may have to add a wire or at least a jumper at the VR depending on which VR you have.

Larry

Thanks guys. That defiantly cleared things up. My cars ignition was hacked up when I got it, It was not wired up the right way so that was throwing me off.

-
Back