fabricated valve covers

-

prodart340

Reaction score
ok, so the saga continues,,,,,,,,,,the edelbrock "elite" valve covers won't clear the hughes rocker shaft hold downs so I'm in search of a good set of fabricated covers. Any suggestions?

Make some?

just cut off the flange of an aluminum aftermarket set then extend as needed. Where are they hitting?

wow they are cheap! im seriously considering these, just wondering if they will seal good or if they are plain garbage

Hello gents. I have a set of the tall aluminum valve covers like you see on ebay. Mine are Procomp (SBM) and cleared my Mopar Performance hold downs. I switched to the elite tall myself. They sealed well. Its a ***** getting the long bolts to start. Mine are the satin finish. No dents with both grommets. I have already hi-tacked on the new rubber gaskets (Fel Pro) as I was going to reinstall them but lost my mind at the last second and went with the Eddy's. If you might like them, PM me and I can send you a couple pics. Figure $55 shipped UPS in the lower 48. Buh Buy :salute:

I have a set of those on my Indy 360 headed 414. Clear the valve gear fine.

Just received the pair I purchased off eBay today and they are sweet.....a little mo money than some, but you get what you pay for and I am very impressed with the fit and finish.....here's a cple of pics off their site....didn't take any on the motor today.

The design is slightly different from the photos in that the supplied allen head bolts recess nicely into the tubes now and end up slightly below flush for a very nice looking fastener. 8)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0378124796&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

6246POLa.jpg

6246POLB.jpg

6246POLc.jpg

Rickster 8)

I saw that Hughes is selling the fabricated aluminum valve covers for $99. That was in their flyer I got in the mail the other day.FWIW

Got a chance to snap some pics of the new valve covers I posted about above.

DSC07187.jpg

DSC07190.jpg

Rickster

I saw that Hughes is selling the fabricated aluminum valve covers for $99. That was in their flyer I got in the mail the other day.FWIW

If they haven't changed design from what I saw at the Indy show their crap. The bottom rail is paper thin (looked like 1/16"). I can't imagine them sealing up well. I told Tim that and he just gave me a funny look. I think he agreed but couldn't really say anything.

If they haven't changed design from what I saw at the Indy show their crap. The bottom rail is paper thin (looked like 1/16"). I can't imagine them sealing up well. I told Tim that and he just gave me a funny look. I think he agreed but couldn't really say anything.

The covers I posted above have a very thick bottom rail, squared up true and fit perfect. The welds are gorgeous....I was hesitant to go with a fabricated VC, I really wanted a plain cast set....but now that they're on there I'm liking the look.

Rickster

-
Back