Factory equipped tachs

-

72SwingerJosh

Reaction score
was wondering if 1972 and up a bodies came with factory equipped tachometers and if so does anybody have a picture to share thanks.

Phil is right. The last a bodies to have a factory tach was 1971duster 340 with the rally dash. You had to pay extra for it also.

Think close as you get is the Chrysler hood tach. that you could buy through the dealer

Yes and No, you could still order a hood tachometer from the dealer in 1972. That was the last year. I have the parts book, page 22, the part number was 3420740. It was $58.45. No you could not order it factory built it was a dealer order part only. The book shows the Dixco type but the last ones I remember back in the day looked just like the GM type. DIXCO made the early style just like the Mustang used. Didn't sell many but they were out there. I still have an old beat up one in my stash. I hear this a lot because the GTO got the fame for it. First one I remember see was on a 68 Charger but later I do remember the AMC "The Machine" had them from the factory but they were the smaller ones like the 1972 ones I remember.

Last edited:
AMC Rebel Machine it was built or moulded into the back of the hood scoop too if i recall correctly.

-
Back