Factory Tach with MSD ignition system?

-

matt030305

Reaction score
Hey all, I’m installing a rallye tach into my dash and I’ve seen a few things on this forums page about how MSD could kill your factory tach. I don’t want to spend a good amount of money on a nice tach just for it to get fried by the electrical system. If this is true, should I buy a MSD Tach adapter for my it? Thanks.

Yes, buy the adapter. Read the instructions and follow them to the letter, do not take the chance of the tach not operating correctly.

Hey all, I’m installing a rallye tach into my dash and I’ve seen a few things on this forums page about how MSD could kill your factory tach. I don’t want to spend a good amount of money on a nice tach just for it to get fried by the electrical system. If this is true, should I buy a MSD Tach adapter for my it? Th
I dont think the stock tach will work with msd without some sort of adapter. You can swap out the tach board with this one. It works with MSD.
[/URL][/URL]

I dont think the stock tach will work with msd without some sort of adapter. You can swap out the tach board with this one. It works with MSD.
[/URL]
I didn’t even know these existed, will be buying one for my tach! Thank you!

I just bought one for my E body rallye dash. I did confirm with the seller that it works with MSD.

Hey all, I’m installing a rallye tach into my dash and I’ve seen a few things on this forums page about how MSD could kill your factory tach. I don’t want to spend a good amount of money on a nice tach just for it to get fried by the electrical system. If this is true, should I buy a MSD Tach adapter for my it? Thanks.
Also, do NOT hook ANYTHING to the coil EXCEPT the two MSD box wires. No tach, no radio supression cap, nothing.

Also, do NOT hook ANYTHING to the coil EXCEPT the two MSD box wires. No tach, no radio supression cap, nothing.
Yep, when they say "This is the ONLY wire you should connect to this terminal on the coil," they mean it. The MSD box has a separate output to drive the tach. It may need an adapter on Mopars as the tach output on the MSD is a 0-12 volt square wave.

-
Back