Failure to fill T.C.

-

Westtexdart

Reaction score
Just installed rebuilt 727 behind a 340 in 72 swinger.I failed to fill T.C. before installation.A friend told me to remove flexplate bolts,pour fluid into tranny,and spin the T.C.by hand to load it up.Anyone heard of this ? Should it be in neutral during spin ?

Don't sweat the small stuff. When you crank the motor over start it in neutral. The center shaft will spin and the tc will be full before you can shut it off. About 1.5 seconds. Fill the tranny as much as you can before you crank it though.

Don't sweat the small stuff. When you crank the motor over start it in neutral. The center shaft will spin and the tc will be full before you can shut it off. About 1.5 seconds. Fill the tranny as much as you can before you crank it though.

I agree ... I do not fill the converter because I do not want to have to clean up a quart of tranny fluid from where it leaked out while i was trying to index it in the tranny ...

Start with 4 qts in the tranny then add as required after starting the engine in neutral.

Just installed rebuilt 727 behind a 340 in 72 swinger.I failed to fill T.C. before installation.A friend told me to remove flexplate bolts,pour fluid into tranny,and spin the T.C.by hand to load it up.Anyone heard of this ? Should it be in neutral during spin ?

Yes this will work and it does have to be in neutral to pump fluid.

-
Back