Not open for further replies.

str12-340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Contact seller
Several years ago, at a swap meet, I bought a fake vintage battery case that was correct for my 1970 Dart that put an Optima 34 series battery inside the fake 24 series case with screw on caps. It isn't perfect but I like it for a car that we show in "stock" classes. I can't figure out who makes them. Does anybody know? It's a full case that the top comes off of not a "topper".

IMG_1168.JPG

I saw those, they don't have the molded side panels, and I was hoping to buy something made rather that making one. Part of the problem is that the group 34 posts are closer together so even if you had an old group 24 battery to gut, you would have to move the post in the most visible place...

Go to an auto parts store or the dealership parts department and ask them to sell you one of the empty display casings .

@Princess Valiant posted some info about a topper that fit on a Gp24 battery. I can’t find that info I thought I had saved. Maybe she’ll chime in with the link/info

I merged your 2 threads. Itisaconfusinf mess to have 2
Several years ago, at a swap meet, I bought a fake vintage battery case that was correct for my 1970 Dart that put an Optima 34 series battery inside the fake 24 series case with screw on caps. It isn't perfect but I like it for a car that we show in "stock" classes. I can't figure out who makes them. Does anybody know? It's a full case that the top comes off of not a "topper".

View attachment 1715860734
If you absolutely need a Mopar embossed battery I can't help but if you need a Mopar look alike check this out. Most people don't know and the Mopar guys realize the batteries are hard to find. Mopar battery dress up kits and cap color chart

Thanks for your opinion. One thread seeks someone that had one of these for sale, one asks for information. It might have been confusing to you, but not to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back