Fashion statement. Just saying.....

-
It was originally started by the fact that when you go to jail, they take your belt and shoe laces. These kids (in the hood) started emulating their big brothers, and dads, and other adults in their lives, and it's been going on so long that it's become fashionable to look like you were just released from jail.
The mindset is that these is, somehow, cool.

What's worse is the white idiots who have adopted this look who don't have a clue what it's about, or what they look like.

Some years back when my daughter was in high school, A kid came to pick up my daughter one day, and when he pulled into the drive way he blew the horn for her to come out. Of course I wouldn't let her go out the door. He finally got the message and came to the door and rang the bell. Naturally, I answered the door. What do I find? A white kid from well to do parents, wearing very baggy, and "sagging", khakis, a Tee Shirt with Some Rapper BS on it with the "F" bomb emblazoned on it, and an Oakland A's hate sideways.
My daughter took one look at him and started laughing. She said, when did you become a "gansta"?

I asked my daughter to leave us alone for a few minutes, and I invited him in. I then read him the riot act about coming into my driveway and blowing his horn for my daughter. We then discussed attire... I told him that my daughter could not go with him until he removed that shirt, and pulled up his pants. I then told him to take a ride with me. We went to his house, so he could get changed.

When we got there we did not walk in. I took him to the front door, and rang the bell. His mother answered, and when she looked at him, I could tell by her expression that she was both shocked and embarrassed.
When his Father came to the door, he was also surprised, and got pretty pissed off.

His mother told us that when he left, he had on a regular button down shirt, khakis and sneakers. Some time between the time he left his house and got to mine, he took off his shirt and put have that crap tee shirt, loosened his belt and sagged his pants, and untied his shoes.

Some how they think they look cool, instead, they look like idiots.

Perhaps someone should tell them that looking Stupid isn't cool. Neither is being stupid.

LMAO, I don't get it either. I can't even stand wearing jeans without a belt, drives me nuts!

The ones that crack me up are those who wear the loose fitting pants, hangin' low, and have to walk around with their hand down on their waste band holding on to their britches.

The other one that absolutely makes me want to bang my head on the wall are the ones that wear the loose fitting pants and then spread their feet/legs apart to hold them up. When they walk, or should I say waddle it just cracks me the hell up.

Someone please 'splain it to me as I REALLY don't get it.

When people don't have the concept of contributing to society, they see nothing wrong with wearing pants that hinder their ability to walk and that require the use of one hand to hold them up.

Well call Arkansas a hillbilly state and behind but we do not ballow it here, I will take a picture of the signes we have here in town, you will get a ticket and or will be warned !!Pull your pants up or go to the house period ..

It does look stupid and under what Frankie said I understood it as a sign in jail of what group they were in basically showing their colors.

When people don't have the concept of contributing to society, they see nothing wrong with wearing pants that hinder their ability to walk and that require the use of one hand to hold them up.

And then these idiots will be complaining about knee and ankle problems 'cause they've penguin walked for years and expect everyone else to pay for the rehab they'll need.

I read somewhere years ago that it came about in jails to let others know whoever was doing it was "available".

I'd happily trade that idiotic fashion statement for the current trend of nasty giant ear gauges.

When we were in St Louis there were three boys trying to cross the street. All of them had to hold up there pants, halfway across one of there hats blew off. The guy tried to catch it and dropped his pants. So there he was in the middle of the street trying to get his hat with his pants around his ankles.

My wife and I about peed our pants laughing.

Aw, come on, who here didn't dress in some kind of fad clothing in the day? Don't you suppose the old timers were saying the same thing about leisure suits, or tight blue jeans, that were so tight they were almost obscene, and rock and roll t-shirts, half t-shirts that didn't cover the stomach...

there was a scene in this TV-show "becker" where the main character (doctor Becker) is talking to a teenage male patient

cant remember what the talk was about but there was a bit of advise to the kid about wearing his ballcap backwards

"Turn your hat around. You couldn't possibly be as stupid as that makes you look."

There was "one of these" here locally, used to toll the beach area. I used to ride my recumbent down there and eat lunch. He was "I'm so effin cool" stumbin' round the walkway," and people were OPENLY turning around, looking, pointing, laughing.

Aw, come on, who here didn't dress in some kind of fad clothing in the day? Don't you suppose the old timers were saying the same thing about leisure suits, or tight blue jeans, that were so tight they were almost obscene, and rock and roll t-shirts, half t-shirts that didn't cover the stomach...

Yes, probably true.

Now WE are the old timers and it is our job/duty to bash the way the younger generation dresses.... :laughing:

Just like the old timers did to us. It's our civic duty.... :angel5:

And when today's generation grows up, it will be their turn to do the same....

The circle of life...

I'm sure a lot of us did. I never walked around with my pants under my arse though.

corduroy bellbottoms....january 1974

Attachments

• 70aarcuda.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 227

The thing back in my youth was to wear flared Levi's that were too long so you would be stepping on the back of your pants legs and before long they would get all shredded. But at least we could still walk and our pants were not falling down.

And with their pants half way down, how can these so-called "gangsta's" run from the cops????

Maybe if us old farts did that and showed them our "tighty whiteys", they would see how rediculous it is and get a clue.... (or wear a 'thong')...

I see London, I see France....

View attachment 1714724692

View attachment 1714724696

View attachment 1714724700

Those tighty whiteys are frickin awesome! I want a pair. There are so many places around here that those would be great to show off. Maybe if I did some of these kids would get the hint. Doubt it tho, youth these days...

I definitely get your point, every generation has something to say about the next generations style choices, but walking around with your pants down past your *** should get you indecent exposure charges. Just my opinion tho.

Not much different in my mind than walking down the street with nothing but the tighty whiteys on.

I definitely get your point, every generation has something to say about the next generations style choices, but walking around with your pants down past your *** should get you indecent exposure charges. Just my opinion tho.

Not much different in my mind than walking down the street with nothing but the tighty whiteys on.

Maybe if we dressed like this, they would "get the hint".... Just because it fits, doesn't mean that it looks good....

View attachment Fat guy speedo A04.jpg

View attachment Fat guy speedo A01.jpg

View attachment Fat guy speedo A02.jpg

View attachment Fat guy speedo A05.jpg

The only thing we wore was flannel shirts, tee shirts and tore blue jeans. Oh wait, I still do.

-
Back