Favorite nitrous system....

-
I run a 150 shot on my 68 340 with no issues at all. System I use is the nos cheater. I also have a nos sniper set up 150 shot on a built sbc in a vega with no issues. The cheater set up has a hi flow bottle valve, bigger solenoids and brackets to hold the solenoids. Just a much better kit.

I run a 150 shot on my 68 340 with no issues at all. System I use is the nos cheater. I also have a nos sniper set up 150 shot on a built sbc in a vega with no issues. The cheater set up has a hi flow bottle valve, bigger solenoids and brackets to hold the solenoids. Just a much better kit.

What has been done to the 340? How about the valve train? Do you run a separate fuel system for the NOS? How is yours set up?

I just bought a Cheater 250 kit and I will be purchasing a 150-600 Fogger. I'm going to hit a 410 all forged stroker, solid roller cam with 2 systems. A 150 out the gate on the cheater and have the cheater shut off and the fogger take over at the 1-2 shift with a 250 shot. Should be fun. This is a 9:1 motor. The main fuel system will be pump fuel and the secondary fuel system will be a 3 gallon fuel cell filled with 110 for the NOS Fuel Solenoids.

The motor is already built and I have everything. The only thing I need is the Fogger so I can start the plumbing on the intake.

I prefer the N.O.S. systems. We have run a powershot, cheater, and now the big shot system. It is VERY addicting, always wanting more!! Lol :D

I just bought a Cheater 250 kit and I will be purchasing a 150-600 Fogger. I'm going to hit a 410 all forged stroker, solid roller cam with 2 systems. A 150 out the gate on the cheater and have the cheater shut off and the fogger take over at the 1-2 shift with a 250 shot. Should be fun. This is a 9:1 motor. The main fuel system will be pump fuel and the secondary fuel system will be a 3 gallon fuel cell filled with 110 for the NOS Fuel Solenoids.

The motor is already built and I have everything. The only thing I need is the Fogger so I can start the plumbing on the intake.
nice louis,this will be educational.maybe we should start a what to do and not do thread....

nice louis,this will be educational.maybe we should start a what to do and not do thread....

There are quite a few members here that have done some crazy stuff with NOS. I have talked to a few of them. Sounds like a good idea on starting a New Thread. Maybe even get a New Forum just for NOS??

maddart, Mine has 30 over forged pistons, factory bushed rods, forged crank. 915 j Heads 2.02 intake/1.6 exhaust. Not sure of the cam specs. Mine is set up with a wot activation switch. I run a 4 speed with 3.55 rear

For fuel have a 3/8 sending unit to a holley blue pump with a single 3/8 line to the front. 1 regulator for the carb and 1 regulator for the nos solenoid I think set at 5.5 psi. This might not be the exact right way to do it but I have run like 10 bottles in my car over the years with out one issue. I also don't hold the nitrous 1st-4th on a 1/4 mile.

I run a NOS Cheater system on a Roots blown sb Mopar. I spray a 75 shot on the street and 150 shot at the track. WOT switch activated.
I like to run a little longer N2O line from the solinoid to the plate. If my fuel line from solenoid to plate is 12", then I use a 18" N2O line from solenoid to plate. This way the fuel and nitrous hit the plate at the same time. 1000psi of nitrous travels faster than fuel at 7psi. This helps to avoid the lean backfire.

There are quite a few members here that have done some crazy stuff with NOS. I have talked to a few of them. Sounds like a good idea on starting a New Thread. Maybe even get a New Forum just for NOS??
thats what i'm talking about!some guys on here have some trick setups nice to learn from them.

maddart, Mine has 30 over forged pistons, factory bushed rods, forged crank. 915 j Heads 2.02 intake/1.6 exhaust. Not sure of the cam specs. Mine is set up with a wot activation switch. I run a 4 speed with 3.55 rear

For fuel have a 3/8 sending unit to a holley blue pump with a single 3/8 line to the front. 1 regulator for the carb and 1 regulator for the nos solenoid I think set at 5.5 psi. This might not be the exact right way to do it but I have run like 10 bottles in my car over the years with out one issue. I also don't hold the nitrous 1st-4th on a 1/4 mile.

Great info.... How about your rocker gear?? Stock Rockers?

Yea stock rockers and push rods up top. You would never know it but I can hit my 6800 rpm rev limiter with ease.

2 fogger systems ? How much hit, when do you hit it and how are you controlling it? 600"+ ?. Very nice!:prayer:

both kits have a 300 shot in them. I use my maga 400 throttle stop timer to run the system. it's set up to come on .030 off the line and it's on for 6.5 sec. I use to run super comp with it. all I will have to do is set the 2nd timer to come on for the second stage. it has a wide open throttle switch on the rear carb that will shut the system off if I have a problem. I have some more pictures of the motor and my car that it's in if you want to see it. thanks wes

both kits have a 300 shot in them. I use my maga 400 throttle stop timer to run the system. it's set up to come on .030 off the line and it's on for 6.5 sec. I use to run super comp with it. all I will have to do is set the 2nd timer to come on for the second stage. it has a wide open throttle switch on the rear carb that will shut the system off if I have a problem. I have some more pictures of the motor and my car that it's in if you want to see it. thanks wes

Nice! More pictures are always good!!:D

some pictures of my car.

Attachments

• resize2.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 97
  • resize4 (2).jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 97
  • resized picture (2).jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 82
nice avenger in a plain white wrapper!liking that car....

Bring it ,to CA. Run the dealer plates,watch everyone run!(lol).

-
Back