Favorite non-mopar that you wich you had kept

-

coffeedart67

Reaction score
Sorry if this thread already exists. What is your favorite non-mopar that you wish you had kept?
Mine would be my 72 Pontiac grand prix, bought it at an auction, with the engine in pieces in the trunk, rebuilt the engine put the heads and cam out of my little brothers circle track car. Never could get better than 8mpg. Driving one day in about 6inchs of snow/slush it kept getting slower and slower, until the tranny would just slip at anything over idle, parked it in the yard until someone stopped and asked if it was for sale. I thought the tranny was out, they spun the tires for about 15 minutes getting it loaded on a car hauler, and the tranny never slipped once.

94 Lincoln Mark VIII .......they are totally sweet cars but they don't come in manual shift which is mega bummer

I had it because ironically the transmission had gone out on it, so I rebuilt the trans for the owner but he never paid me and one day he said he was off to the Army and gave me the title on his way out.

Attachments

• CIMG1998.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 237
Oddly, 1971 Olds Vista Cruiser Station Wagon. 455 4bbl. Was able to carry 2 bands wother of gear in it.

I had a 72 monte carlo great riding car float liked a boat and great look. mine also had the bucket seats and console

55 Chevy coupe 265 cu in pwr steering automatic baby blue and white.

First car I bought - a 68 GTO - Red, hardtop, hide away headlights (that actually worked), 400/400 Auto, black interior.

You could pile 4 other guys in that car and beat most the guys on the street with all that traction and torque - Sweet!

Here is a picture of a similar car with the same front tire/wheels. I had a set of larger rear tires with Cragars.

Ma Snart

Attachments

• 49_1_1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 218
EDIT I didn't see until after I posted this that I mis-read the title.

My all-time favorite car, I was second owner, 70 440-6 RR, 4 spd, Dana, headers, aftermarket AC, usually ran an 800 DP Holley, but ran about every carb made at some point. Around 73? Put a 340 into the car. You cannot see in the photo, but it had the black hood and air grabber. If I had the money I'd have more than one!!!

No good photos anymore, due to age and a house fire. Those are 4537 landing lights down in the bumper.

81sruds.jpg

Top photo is my friend and original owner, George, K7WWA. He had just trophied in PS, probably at Lions.

Class is Pure Stock / D Stick

Bottom photo is me about 24? years old, about 1971-72

Attachments

• _MG_6204cs.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 199
  • _MG_6206cs.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 199
It is hard to choose just one, but I wish I still had my 67 Shelby GT 350.

I've never regretted getting rid of any non Mopar vehicle I owned.Closest I could think of was a 37 Oldsmobile with a 322 Nail head engine I built when I was 17 years old and had to sell when I got married at 18.

Probably have to be my 73 442, Had It from 84 to 86, Paid 200 bucks for it off the back wholesale line at the dealership I was workin at,...Had a 455, T10 4spd and a 12 bolt out back, swivel buckets and factory hood louvers,...Been lookin to see if any are still around but they're pretty rare,

Well, I have only owned a couple of cars that were not Mopars. I guess the one I bought in 1971 as a teen would be my fav. This was me then, and the same car today. I think it fits because I don't own it anymore, I gave it away.
C

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 180
  • DSCF4964.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 173
72 Chevelle 350 with Hurst 4 speed.

I had two 72's also.....both auto's. White small block....12.83 best. And the bronze 402"....just a loaded cruiser. Of the three, the 69' would have been the best investment I believe.

Attachments

• scan0013.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 201
  • scan0009.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 172
Well, I have only owned a couple of cars that were not Mopars. I guess the one I bought in 1971 as a teen would be my fav. This was me then, and the same car today. I think it fits because I don't own it anymore, I gave it away.
C

Nice!!! Was that a 6 or a 326" car?

I wish I still had the 49 CJ2A I learned to drive and had a blast in it. Those 5.38 gears were sweet on the highway though....

Nada.

Had a few Fords given my direction or paid less than a benjamin for. '79 LTD I was doing brake job on when I was 13 to fix up for my first car got smashed by a cottonwood tree that had termites. Front end crushed so far into the ground that the rear axle sat about 3 feet off of the ground when that happened. Sold the car for the engine for $200.

Paid $50 for an '88 Tempo 5spd that had a rebuilt engine and new clutch. Friend said it was broken into. Spent more money on a used seat frame, drivers window and stereo deck to replace the busted and missing parts. Painted that one and sold it for $2k.

The closest thing I could say I would have kept, would be the '69 Coronet 440 2dr coupe/ pop out windows. Originally a 318 car. It had a 383 in it's place.

That car was a basketcase, though. Someone put a '69 Charger front clip on it. Bought the car in 1999 for $750. I was interested in it for the front end. I saw the car in a carport and thought it was a Charger. The guy told me he'd sell it to me, but it wasn't a Charger. I took a second glance at the side of the car from his front door and sure enough, the scallops were back on the quarter panels instead of the doors.

That made me even less reluctant to buy it, I could take the front clip from it to fix my car and feel absolutely no guilt.

I actually pulled an NOS Charger grille, Rallye cluster gauge set with a tic-toc-tach, hi-po exhaust manifolds BB/RB and a complete center console out of the trunk when I got it home.

I ended up selling the car with the correct front clip and buldge hood for $1k. I didn't have enough money or space to work on my Charger and the Coronet, so it got the axe. I don't regret it. I got everything I wanted from it and then some.

Oh yeah, one time, someone gave me a '66 Mustang. I asked my friend if he wanted the car. He said no. I said it was free. He said maybe.

1967 Pontiac Le Mans. The quarters were practically made of bondo, the trunk floor was pretty rusted and the gas tank leaked. Aside from all that, the 326 ran perfectly, but smoked, and the car steered and handled like a Cadillac. With all the replacement steel available now, I could have built one hellava brand Xer!!

-
Back