Favorite Non-Mopar

-
Might be a frustrating thing to own, but damn are they good looking...

xke-sidefront.jpg

no, i don't have the z or yenko anymore. like most, we thought it would go on forever and i wasn't smart enough to build a pole barn to keep them all in. z had 4.88 gears and gm offroad cam 3 and wife drove it back and forth to work for 4 years. then i put the offroad cam 4 and 5.38 gears and she drove it 2 more years.(only 6.5 miles to work)

Those are like a business man's muscle car. Those things are NICE! The Buick GSX and the Oldsmobile 442s were a notch above the other GM cars. They had massive torque.
can confirm. i had a 73 Regal Century w/ a 455 and it was an absolute luxo barge that would spin the tires damn near off the rims.

1973 when AM/FM radio was considered an option and not standard!

My old 69 Z28 clone I could beat the hell out of it and still had everybody thinking it was the real deal DZ 302 car it had a muncie 4 Speed with a 327.. didn't have the hounds tooth interior either....

Fat fenders and mid to late 60s European...38 Chevy, 40 Ford, early 50s trucks; Aston Martin DB4, Pantera, Jag XKE, Mercedes gullwing...if I were rich, I'd have a GIANT garage!

can confirm. i had a 73 Regal Century w/ a 455 and it was an absolute luxo barge that would spin the tires damn near off the rims.

1973 when AM/FM radio was considered an option and not standard!
The mom of one of my high school friends had a 1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. It was a high trim level Cutlass. Any more options and it wouldda been a 442. White with red interior, the swivel out buckets, console and wait for it.......a 403. lol Now these younguns don't know about those engines, but they only came one way. HP. Even in granny's 403 powered station wagon. They never had a two barrel. They were always considered a performance engine of the era. In the Trans Ams that got them, they would haul *** for cars of the day. Every now and then Mike got to drive that car out on weekends. It had highway gears, but it did have a 8 1/2" 10 bolt posi. It would obliterate both rear tires and do it in style. lol

The mom of one of my high school friends had a 1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. It was a high trim level Cutlass. Any more options and it wouldda been a 442. White with red interior, the swivel out buckets, console and wait for it.......a 403. lol Now these younguns don't know about those engines, but they only came one way. HP. Even in granny's 403 powered station wagon. They never had a two barrel. They were always considered a performance engine of the era. In the Trans Ams that got them, they would haul *** for cars of the day. Every now and then Mike got to drive that car out on weekends. It had highway gears, but it did have a 8 1/2" 10 bolt posi. It would obliterate both rear tires and do it in style. lol
I had a 76 Cutlass Supreme, born with a 260 2bbl, it got swapped out quickly for a 350 Rocket 4 bbl, that was one of my favorite cars from the late 80s/early 90s. Real fun car to drive, handled ok for it's size, and very comfortable too. I think I paid around $200.00 for it. Silver with a red cloth bucket seat interior, super stock wheels and red landau top.

My favorite of all the non Mopars I've owned was my 69 Corvette convertible, 427 tri power 4 speed. It was "Arrest Me Red" with a white interior and white top, I cannot tell you how many tickets I got in that car and I had my license suspended twice in the four years when I owned it.

IMG_5979.JPG

I really love the styling of the 55 Chevy, to own one similar to the American Graffiti/Two Lane Blacktop car would be pretty sweet.
There are so many cars I would love to own it's impossible to narrow it down to one.

I had a 76 Cutlass Supreme, born with a 260 2bbl, it got swapped out quickly for a 350 Rocket 4 bbl, that was one of my favorite cars from the late 80s/early 90s. Real fun car to drive, handled ok for it's size, and very comfortable too. I think I paid around $200.00 for it. Silver with a red cloth bucket seat interior, super stock wheels and red landau top.
I never knew why the Chevy 350 was such the "go to" motor of that time, when both the Oldsmobile and Buick 350s were WAY better and WAY more torquey. I guess it was the cost thing.

I never knew why the Chevy 350 was such the "go to" motor of that time, when both the Oldsmobile and Buick 350s were WAY better and WAY more torquey. I guess it was the cost thing.
The guy that bought that car was planning to put the motor in a Camaro.

The guy that bought that car was planning to put the motor in a Camaro.
I have a 350 Rocket sitting in the garage that I can't give away, a 76 block, it has the solid main webs, not the windowed ones like the later engines did, but it has the #8 heads with the HUGE combustion chambers. I'll hang on to it, maybe find some better heads and stuff it back into my 76 Ventura, make a good sleeper.

Another favorite. 1963 Galaxie Lightweight factory race car. 427 high riser, 4 speed.
1093 GALAXIE.jpg

I have a 350 Rocket sitting in the garage that I can't give away, a 76 block, it has the solid main webs, not the windowed ones like the later engines did, but it has the #8 heads with the HUGE combustion chambers. I'll hang on to it, maybe find some better heads and stuff it back into my 76 Ventura, make a good sleeper.
That will be a goodun!

-
Back