Federal ps pump install confusion.

-

72Valiant4Door

Trouble Maker
Reaction score
I am putting my engine back together, and can not find a page in my fsm showing me how the brackets mount for a federal pump.

And there arent any good photos i have found, online.

If someone with an ac, federal pump sbm has a diagram or can take a bunch of pics, would you mind sharing?

I'm not sure which pump this is, but I hope it helps.

DSC04953 B.jpg

DSC04954 B.jpg

DSC04958 B.jpg

DSC04961 B.jpg

DSC04963 B.jpg

MD2186.JPG

I know that the big one mounts on the pump, and the top right mounts onto the block... but i need some help figuring it all out, and I know it is simple as hell.

MD2186.JPG

I know that the big one mounts on the pump, and the top right mounts onto the block... but i need some help figuring it all out, and I know it is simple as hell.

I can tell you that the upper right triangle bracket came on smallblocks w/Saginaw Power steering pump. That bracket mount's to the two lower hole's in the front of the block, and the angle on the bracket faces forward towards the front of car, or radiator. The other triangle bracket on the left, I believe goes on the inside of the PS pump, closest to the harmonic balancer, but it has been awhile, and can't exactly remember how. On the large bracket, just does not look totally familiar. I think we have an engine out at the other building, I would go look, but it's raining pretty hard, but if it stop's this afternoon, I will go look for you. Dodge33

Man you guys are great. The pics are great but my motor has the alum water pump, so the bracketing is diff

-
Back